Hey TL2 owners ... How many of you are going to get the CL? (Why / why not?)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"

"The T line is a work of art, beautiful to hold and wonderful in feel, and bests the CL on these points."

+1

Excellent piece of industrial design – and rear screen a great deal better. Some controls a little bit slow to respond, eg, fn for play; but some menu touch squares almost too rapid – eg, focus assist!

Edited by microview

• 3 weeks later...

TL2 is out of the league of the CL. When the CL was released I was not remotely interested in it. And after trying it I am even more happy I kept my TL2. Design & function is just more up my alley. Plus although the Visoflex is kind of bulky, due to it's movement it's way more functional.

• Like 2

Is it fair to say that if it were not for the CL's built-in EVF, most people in the market would opt for the TL2?

No, it wouldn't. I had a pre-order for the original T, but when I saw the ergonomics, menu structuture, esthetics, etc. I realized that this was not the camera for me and cancelled. The T series never held any attraction for me. The CL, on the other hand, fits me like a glove. These are simply different cameras for different people.

The AF on the CL is faster. The jpegs are nicer. The focus peaking is excellent. And, the EVF on the CL is superior to the Visoflex.  

However, for me, the T line is stunning in design, and more preferable to hold.  

• Like 2