What is the turnaround time for CCD sensor replacement?

kuad82001

7 months for me now.....n.j. told me a month ago that sensors were coming in at the end of nov. so i would get it back by dec.  i called n.j. yesterday and they said no sensors were sent to them and like others have stated they're now saying jan.  this just can't be called good customer service or more importantly that they planned the replacement process with their customers in mind.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

7 months for me now.....n.j. told me a month ago that sensors were coming in at the end of nov. so i would get it back by dec.  i called n.j. yesterday and they said no sensors were sent to them and like others have stated they're now saying jan.  this just can't be called good customer service or more importantly that they planned the replacement process with their customers in mind.  

This is so lame on Leica's part

Why does it seem that everyone is so complacent on this matter?

Show me where to put the fulcrum.  Short of going "Legal" or abandoning the brand, the individual hobbyist really has no leverage.

• Like 1

Not sure whether this helps, my work order was dated May 24th and I just got my received my Monochrom back this weekend. When a couple months ago sensing my frustration, they suggested I consider the upgrade. Both M-D and M262 were $2700.00 additional and they said there were some in stock.  My feeling was that for a little more than that, I could find a used 262 and then keep my MM.  The 262 has already dropped in price. My guess is the M-D will hold value a bit better, but I proudly enjoy have the LCD, and the 262 is considerably lighter to carry than the M-D. The 262 is a fine camera but not for $2700 and my MM. They also offer the 246 as a trade up but I think it was priced at $3400 additional. It's easy for me to say now, but it was worth the wait. I have a like new Monochrom.

David

I sent my monochrom to New Jersey in mid June and after enquiring yesterday I had a reply this morning saying they were short of Monochrom sensors and delivery could be by the end of January.

My Monocrom was sent to Leica in June and I recieved it back in August with the sensor replaced.

My Monocrom was sent to Leica in June and I recieved it back in August with the sensor replaced.

As you appear to live in UK I doubt your MM was sent to New Jersey. 

Reading these threads it emerges that there are different standards to customer service dependant on how close to Wetzlar CS you are.  New Jersey appears particularly bad. Slightly related, lot of users of M9/MM wax lyrical of their CCD magic, sadly both models were lumbered with design flaw problems from birth.  My current M246 works almost flawlessly compared to now sold M9P in Chrome (which i miss on emotional level).

• Like 1

As you appear to live in UK I doubt your MM was sent to New Jersey. 

Reading these threads it emerges that there are different standards to customer service dependant on how close to Wetzlar CS you are.  New Jersey appears particularly bad. Slightly related, lot of users of M9/MM wax lyrical of their CCD magic, sadly both models were lumbered with design flaw problems from birth.  My current M246 works almost flawlessly compared to now sold M9P in Chrome (which i miss on emotional level).

If we believe the folks in New Jersey, they only get through as many and as quickly as Leica send sensors to them.  I tend to believe what they tell me because they projected January as when the next batch would arrive, and I received my camera on January 4th!