Who purchased the camera body only?

Mr.Q

I haven't yet decided whether to buy one, but if I do it will be body only. I already have the M Adapter L, the R Adapter M, and all the lenses I could possibly need, barring a Voigtländer 10mm f/5.6. Whether I would ever buy a dedicated APS-C System lens I cannot answer.

• Like 1

Yeah I did body only. I have many M lenses to use on the camera.

I then purchased the 23mm Summicron-T as a native lens.

In the end I actually really like the 23mm lens on the camera and find myself using this more with the body, using in manual focus mode too.

• Like 1

I ordered the CL with the M mount adapter. No native lenses. 

Curious how many of you ordered the camera body only.

Same here: collecting tomorrow and Ffordes posted me the lens adapter. I plan to use the 24mm f3.8 M lens as a '35mm' on the CL – my 75 Summicron ASPH will become a 112.5mm!

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not sure i will buy a CL yet but it would be a digital back for M and R lenses mostly. TL lenses like 18/2.8 or 23/2 could interest me but i need aperture and focus rings normally. Now i could change my mind if i miss compact wides faster, smaller or wider than my 21/3.4, 21/4 or 24/3.8 M lenses. Remains to see how the CL behaves in the corners with M lenses but it is another story.

• Like 1

Me - and was able to BUY mine TODAY :) from Leica Store Manchester where they'd just had a batch in.  No waiting list!

I may look around for a used TL lens (possibly 55-135), but for the moment have a full set of M lenses that I want to try out.  As I was able to pick up a used M>T adapter from Ffordes a couple of days ago, I should be good to go...

Edited by chris_tribble
  • Like 4

Me - and was able to BUY mine TODAY :) from Leica Store Manchester where they'd just had a batch in.  No waiting list!

I may look around for a used TL lens (possibly 55-135), but for the moment have a full set of M lenses that I want to try out.  As I was able to pick up a used M>T adapter from Ffordes a couple of days ago, I should be good to go...

Chris, see if you can get hands on the TL 11-23, since you are a wide angle user, I recall.  Only a few weeks ago, there were inexpensive new-in-box (long on the shelf) or used copies available.  And let the rest of us know how they compare to M wides.  Please.  I can't do anything about this until US distribution of the CL gets straightened out.

Chris, see if you can get hands on the TL 11-23, since you are a wide angle user, I recall.  Only a few weeks ago, there were inexpensive new-in-box (long on the shelf) or used copies available.  And let the rest of us know how they compare to M wides.  Please.  I can't do anything about this until US distribution of the CL gets straightened out.

A couple of weeks ago maybe this was the case, but it looks like TL lenses are back at being premium items again ... For the time being I'm a bit more interested in seeing how the WATE performs on the CL.  Also - the main reason for getting the body is for working with longer lenses... I'm sure there will be things to report.  :)

Edited by chris_tribble

Body only here (don't have it yet).  I have some L lenses already.  23 is excellent, as is 55-135;  not sure yet about t)18-56 as that one is newer.  But I also intend to use M lenses on it. 

• Like 1