M 240 firmware 2.0.5.0

dugby

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just noticed new firmware for the M240 is downloadable -

Version 2.0.5.0
- Support for the new Thambar-M 90 f/2.2
- Support for the new Noctilux-M 75 f/1.25 ASPH.
- A Bug, that lead to occasional underexposure when using a flash unit, was fixed

https://au.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-M/Leica-M-Typ-240/Downloads2

• Like 3

I download it to my Mac and was able to save it to an SD card. A silly question but could you have locked the card?

I’m on the road so working on a tablet, not a Mac - I was hoping that the new iPad app “Files” - might allow downloads to be saved to SD card but no luck.

Thanks dugby.

Not really relevant to me, so I'll stick to my existing firmware.

all best...

I think that software suppliers don’t mention all bugs they have fixed in new releases. I suggest you might usefully install this one in a few weeks if no one reports problems. Don’t forget to save your user profiles to SD card before doing so.
  • Like 4

Good to see the M240 still being supported, but currently my need don't need the new tweaks.

Cynical me: Don't imagine that they're supporting the M240. They're supporting their new Thambar and Noctilux lenses.  Let's not kid ourselves.

• Like 1

Cynical me: Don't imagine that they're supporting the M240. They're supporting their new Thambar and Noctilux lenses.  Let's not kid ourselves.

There is a bug fix too -probably more than one. The camera is still in production, which means that it is fully supported in firmware.

• Like 3

Is it possible to downgrade firmware if you notice an issue?

Yes, just load the old.

Technically speaking the firmware is not an 'upgrade' but a replacement. This allows for loading any version that's compatible with the camera (hardware).

The process of loading the new firmware is quiet simple

Edited by rsolomon

There is a bug fix too -probably more than one. The camera is still in production, which means that it is fully supported in firmware.

I cannot see this in the download ? Just one bug with flash:

- Ein Fehler, der zu gelegentlichen Unterbelichtungen bei Blitzbelichtung geführt hat, wurde behoben 

By the way, did I miss the 2.0.4.0 firmware update? And why is the 2.0.3.0. still on the site and the 2.0.4.0. is not findable? 

• Like 1

I cannot see this in the download ? Just one bug with flash:

- Ein Fehler, der zu gelegentlichen Unterbelichtungen bei Blitzbelichtung geführt hat, wurde behoben

By the way, did I miss the 2.0.4.0 firmware update? And why is the 2.0.3.0. still on the site and the 2.0.4.0. is not findable?

You see what they tell you but you don’t see what they don’t tell you.

There is no 2.0.4.0.

Edited by jdlaing