CL - bugs and other issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

LCT,

Why would you want to alter the default profile? I think that is what Jaap and I cannot fathom. You seem to be generating a problem, where in reality there is none. It is very simple set up a new profile and you can alter that to your heart's content. 

Wilson

• Like 1

Why would you want to alter the default profile? I think that is what Jaap and I cannot fathom. You seem to be generating a problem, where in reality there is none. It is very simple set up a new profile and you can alter that to your heart's content. 

I did it already fortunately but i'm not alone and other colleagues here got the same issue. 

Matter of tastes as always. The FN Button is needed by yours truly to the point that i'd like the same on my M240. B)

Obviously, I am not saying that the button should not be there, I just want to be able to not associate any function with it at all.  

Obviously, I am not saying that the button should not be there, I just want to be able to not associate any function with it at all.  

I've just left User Profile on it and globally deleted the other options.

So now it's a profile button and no amount of presses or fiddling makes it do anything else...... except in the Default profile ... which this thread confirms is more of a hindrance than a help  :rolleyes:

Surely one single invariable FN function is better than nothing at all ?

Edited by thighslapper

I've just left User Profile on it and globally deleted the other options.

So now it's a profile button and no amount of presses or fiddling makes it do anything else...... except in the Default profile ... which this thread confirms is more of a hindrance than a help  :rolleyes: [...]

+1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Surely one single invariable FN function is better than nothing at all ?

I personally don't need it.  The minimalism of the TL-line actually fit me like a glove.  The Favorites menu is more than sufficient for me and even there I only have 4 options selected.

Interestingly enough the user manual (page 47) does say Shutter Speed for the right wheel and Aperture for the left wheel when in M mode... but that is not the way it works... 

The quick start guide has this right.  The table on page 49 of my copy of the instruction manual is wrong.  The manual was released with several errors, for example a statement that full time electronic shutter works for up to 30 seconds (it cuts off at 1 sec).  And there are still scattered passages in the original German, which perhaps were left for further consultation to choose the correct English phrase.  I hope they get a corrected manual out soon

The quick start guide has this right.  The table on page 49 of my copy of the instruction manual is wrong.  The manual was released with several errors, for example a statement that full time electronic shutter works for up to 30 seconds (it cuts off at 1 sec).  And there are still scattered passages in the original German, which perhaps were left for further consultation to choose the correct English phrase.  I hope they get a corrected manual out soon

No chance  :) The downloadable M8 manual still has the same errors it had in it in 2006. 

• Like 3

Interesting. I confess I never even bothered to download the manual... :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

- Using a M lens using non-Leica mount adapter

- Manually set "Lens Profile" in the menu, e.g., 35 f/2 11310/11311

- Exif of taken photo shows Lens as "Unknown Lens", does not show the focal length

- When taken with a TL lens, the EXIF info shows as expected

I have called Leica Japan, who said that it happened with non-genuine adapter, it properly works

with the genuine adapter. I have asked why a data manually set in the camera menu gets affect

by a mount adapter which does not have any electronic connection, but they said it does just like that....

Has anyone faced the issue?

- Using a M lens using non-Leica mount adapter

- Manually set "Lens Profile" in the menu, e.g., 35 f/2 11310/11311

- Exif of taken photo shows Lens as "Unknown Lens", does not show the focal length

- When taken with a TL lens, the EXIF info shows as expected

I have called Leica Japan, who said that it happened with non-genuine adapter, it properly works

with the genuine adapter. I have asked why a data manually set in the camera menu gets affect

by a mount adapter which does not have any electronic connection, but they said it does just like that....

Has anyone faced the issue?

Yes, and think this would be the same with any other camera system too.  I know having used adapted lens on Fuji and Canon camera's before, never had capability of correct exif.

I use Leica M to L adaptor and Leica R to M adaptor and as expected, exif records correctly once set in camera.

• Like 1

Yes, and think this would be the same with any other camera system too.  I know having used adapted lens on Fuji and Canon camera's before, never had capability of correct exif.

I use Leica M to L adaptor and Leica R to M adaptor and as expected, exif records correctly once set in camera.

Thanks for your comments!

Yes, I understand that it does not work with other camera like Fuji and Canon as they do not have menu for manual set of lens profile.

As you say, with Leica M with non-6bit coded lens, exif records correctly once manually set in camera menu. 

In case of CL, it does have menu for manual set of lens profile as well. But exif does not record at all even it is set in camera menu.

And Leica says it is because of use of non-genuine adapter.

Anyone using the genuine M adapter with CL, please advise if exif records correctly with non-6bit coded lens (lens manually set in camera).

Thanks for your comments!

Yes, I understand that it does not work with other camera like Fuji and Canon as they do not have menu for manual set of lens profile.

As you say, with Leica M with non-6bit coded lens, exif records correctly once manually set in camera menu. 

In case of CL, it does have menu for manual set of lens profile as well. But exif does not record at all even it is set in camera menu.

And Leica says it is because of use of non-genuine adapter.

Anyone using the genuine M adapter with CL, please advise if exif records correctly with non-6bit coded lens (lens manually set in camera).

I can confirm that when using Genuine Leica R to M, then M to L on CL, with non coded lens, it does report correctly in Exif, hope that helps.  Sorry my original answer I realise did not make it clear I was using CL.

Edited by Boojay
  • Like 1

[...] Anyone using the genuine M adapter with CL, please advise if exif records correctly with non-6bit coded lens (lens manually set in camera).

Indeed exif data of non-6bit coded lenses record correctly on CL + Leica M-Adapter L (18771) when same lenses are manually set in the camera. Ditto with CL +  Leica M-Adapter T which is the same adapter i believe but i have no experience with the latter.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by lct
  • Like 1

I can confirm that when using Genuine Leica R to M, then M to L on CL, with non coded lens, it does report correctly in Exif, hope that helps.  Sorry my original answer I realise did not make it clear I was using CL.

Indeed exif data of non-6bit coded lenses record correctly on CL + Leica M-Adapter L (18771) when same lenses are manually set in the camera. Ditto with CL +  Leica M-Adapter T which is the same adapter i believe but i have no experience with the latter.

attachicon.gif18771_LeicaM-Adapter L.jpg

attachicon.gif18771_LeicaM-Adapter T.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Now it is a fact that non-genuine adapter looks to cause the issue as Leica Japan explained to me.

Just guessing that an adapter (non-genuine) without electronic connection makes the camera recognizes that no lens is mounted?

In anyway, hope Leica would improve the firmware so that non-genuine adapter works as well, will send a request to Leica.

attachicon.gif18771_LeicaM-Adapter L.jpg

attachicon.gif18771_LeicaM-Adapter T.jpg

I have one of each.  They are the same.

• Like 1

Firmware issue:

My camera file numbering rolled over from 999 to 1000. The filename went from C1000999 to C1001000 on the next frame. But the frame after that was named C1010000, with an extra zero appearing by magic. This is very strange and clearly a bug. I'd rather not accumulate another 9900 frames on my frame count (if there is such a thing).

So come on Leica, learn to count please.

Firmware issue:

My camera file numbering rolled over from 999 to 1000. The filename went from C1000999 to C1001000 on the next frame. But the frame after that was named C1010000, with an extra zero appearing by magic. This is very strange and clearly a bug. I'd rather not accumulate another 9900 frames on my frame count (if there is such a thing).

So come on Leica, learn to count please.

Alas, this is the way it works on the SL too.  I wish they'd change this behavior.