CL - bugs and other issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How come I have no problem?

attachicon.gifmenu.jpg

attachicon.giffn.jpg

No idea... I just did a reset of my camera, started all over again but I still cannot get it to work...

I can delete it from the right wheel button but not from the FN button which also does not make any sense IMO...

I'm with Jaap ...... the only proviso being you can't delete anything that is 'active' on the button at the time.

The issue with the DEFAULT profile is that all the elements are completely fixed and any changes you make are not saved ...... so it's all a bit academic. if you choose a user profile and then go back to default it has reverted to the initial state. For me that is useless. 

I've left just 'User Profile' on the FN button for almost all my profiles and usually just a single function on the R button as well ... plus a choice of 2 or 3 things on the favourites list.

My profiles alter most of the major elements and just leave a few limited parameters on the other 2 buttons that I would normally expect to want to change. Makes life very simple.

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 2

No sure if i was clear enough. Choose Default profile and save it as "User6" profile for instance. Now switch the camera off. (This switching off is not necessary at all but the process may be easier to understand for a couple oldies or newbies this way :D. Just kidding.) Then switch the camera on and choose "User6". Now "User6" is dispayed as "Active" in the User Profile menu. Now try to remove Self Timer from the FN Button menu. If your body works like mine, you'll get the dreaded "active items cannot be deleted" message and you will stay with Self Timer on contrary to what you wanted. Bug.

Doesn't work for me. The camera says "Maximum 8 menus items can be deleted" although i don't want to delete anything. Bug again.

That is correct; set another wanted item to on. You cannot empty the Fn menu completely.

That is correct; set another wanted item to on. You cannot empty the Fn menu completely.

Doesn't work... I picked the first 6 ones you have plus 2 others (including Self Timer).  Impossible to delete Self Timer.  

I am starting to wonder whether there might be different minor versions of the firmware in circulation, even though it all says 1.0...

I am really puzzled what you guys are attempting to do; it worked flawlessly for me. I set the camera to the default profile, adjusted the items to my preference and saved as an user profile, then renamed. Endof.

My drive mode is single, BTW.

I'm with Jaap ...... the only proviso being you can't delete anything that is 'active' on the button at the time.

The issue with the DEFAULT profile is that all the elements are completely fixed and any changes you make are not saved ...... so it's all a bit academic. if you choose a user profile and then go back to default it has reverted to the initial state. For me that is useless. 

I've left just 'User Profile' on the FN button for almost all my profiles and usually just a single function on the R button as well ... plus a choice of 2 or 3 things on the favourites list.

My profiles alter most of the major elements and just leave a few limited parameters on the other 2 buttons that I would normally expect to want to change. Makes life very simple.

Actually it is quite useful to have a fixed default profile to provide a starting point if you really mess up.

OK folks but the topic of this thread is not "i love my CL". Its aim is to report apparent bugs or dysfunctions in order to help Leica fixing or improving the camera if needed.

In this state of mind, and after a total reset of the camera to avoid possible variables, i wish to report the following bug that i can reproduce at will:
Impossible to disable "Self Timer" in the FN Button menu w/o getting the message "active items cannot be deleted" is spite of this item being totally inactive actually. 
  • Like 1

It is working for me. For example I am in my "Day 18-56" Profile (Profile 1). I have "Profiles" set as the active item on my a quick push of the FN button. I could go into Customise Control/FN Button and turn Self Timer to "off" then backwards to the main menu then into profiles and saved it (as Profile 1 which is Day 18-56) . It has disappeared from the actions available on a long press of the FN button. I then put it back again, as I want self timer in my FN options items. I did not have to mess about with drive mode at all. 

Are you guys having problems certain you are:

1) Do not have the default profile active but are in another profile which you have set up and saved. It can all be the same as the default profile but needs to be saved as say profile 6. 

+

2) Do not have self timer showing as active, on a quick push of the FN button. If it is active, you need to press the FN button for a few seconds until its pull down menu appears, scroll down to an action other than Self Timer and select it with a press on the centre button of the four way control. Check that the new item is active by a quick press on the FN button. 

If either of these is not correct, you will not be able to delete self timer from the actions in Customise Control. 

Wilson

• Like 2

Agreed, (?*), but I think that it is also established that it is not a general firmware bug -everybody would be having the problem in that case-, but an individual camera fault, or indeed, with all respect, user error along the lines that Wilson suggests.

*I see that I am missing your first name. LCT.

Ok. in that case i would advise you to contact Leica Customer Support in Wetzlar. We have at least two cameras misbehaving and three not here. We can assume most cameras do not show this fault, as we certainly would have more reports in the forum. It might also be a good idea to walk into an authorized Leica dealer, preferably the one that sold you the camera, and demonstrate the fault, claim guaranty.

Jaap, you know it's pretty counter to the topic, which is "Bugs And Other Issues" to relentlessly defend the camera, and dispute the experience of posters. It's a sort of blind fanboyism that I would not expect from a moderator of a forum.

Posters with camera issues are being polite, and expressing their problems with the camera. They are being met mostly with doubt, scorn, and fewer questions and proposals regarding how they might cope with what they're seeing.

For my part, I took my CL in to the Leica store today, and showed them the EVF/LCD behavior of my camera. They said, "That's not right," and swapped me out for a new one. That's the sort of customer service I love about Leica.

You're a manager of this forum store.

Edited by hteasley