The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

M9 Monochrome Firmware

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lpeeples

lpeeples

Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 112 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • City / Ort:Grosse Pointe MI

Posted 30 November 2017 - 14:32

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

From what I read, there is supposed to be a firmware update for the original monochrome but I don't see it on the download page.  Am I missing something?

#2 Chuck Albertson

Chuck Albertson

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 19:06

What version is on your camera? The current version is 1.016 (http://us.leica-came...&language=93871) and I haven't heard of an update from that. Where did you read otherwise?

#3 Chuck Albertson

Chuck Albertson

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 20:17

Strike the last bit of my post above - I just got the LFI News email about version 1.022, which adds support for the new 75 and 90 lenses.

#4 Nick_S

Nick_S

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 13:47

I would also like to ask where this new version 1.022 for the Monochrom (first type) is available to download from.

As of today, it is not listed on Leica's download page:

http://us.leica-came...&language=93871

Regards

Nick

Edited by Nick_S, 05 December 2017 - 13:48.

#5 lpeeples

lpeeples

Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 112 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • City / Ort:Grosse Pointe MI

Posted 05 December 2017 - 13:51

Thanks Nick... I'm glad I wasn't missing something....

#6 pop

pop

• Moderators
  • 20,516 posts
  • Locationnear Basel

Posted 05 December 2017 - 18:20

Did you mean to say "as of now, it is listed" ? Which it seems to be: "FIRMWARE LEICA M MONOCHROM (FIRMWARE 1.022)"

• Nick_S said thank you to this

Philipp

Beiträge in dieser blauen Schrift schreibe ich als Moderator. --
I use this blue typeface when I write in my function as a moderator.

#7 Nick_S

Nick_S

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:09

Thanks.

I could not edit my earlier entry above, so I am pleased to confirm that version 1.022 for the Monochrom (first type) is now available on Leica's download page:

The question for me is have they finally fixed the Discrete mode bug so that I can confidently use the camera with the Single shot setting, knowing that it will not lock up?

Nick

Edited by Nick_S, 06 December 2017 - 09:16.

#8 Chuck Albertson

Chuck Albertson

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:21

Thanks.

I could not edit my earlier entry above, so I am pleased to confirm that version 1.022 for the Monochrom (first type) is now available on Leica's download page:

The question for me is have they finally fixed the Discrete mode bug so that I can confidently use the camera with the Single shot setting, knowing that it will not lock up?

Nick

From the PDF that accompanies it, appears to only add support for the new lenses.

#9 Jeff S

Jeff S

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:11

Nick

Not likely to improve..... note comment from Michael (mjh), one of our Leica 'insiders'....

https://www.l-camera...-1#entry2852256

Jeff

#10 Nick_S

Nick_S

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:46

When I saw the small file size (5.861Mb) I guessed it was just an update to the lens detection information --- the PDF that has now been uploaded to Leica's support page seems to support this limited change, as Chuck points out.

From the thread Jeff linked to it does imply the camera may forever remain with the Discrete mode bug, which is a shame as my camera never crashed using Discrete with Single shot setting using its initial firmware. Leica seems to have introduced the bug in later firmware.

I now regard the Monochrom (first type) as a flawed classic -- the image tones from the CCD/sensor filter combination are something special, it has the appealing M9 body shape and optical frame-lines that work even with the camera off. However, sometimes I have to stop and take out the battery because it has randomly crashed, which is really absurd for a camera of this cost.

Nick

• GaryMulcahey said thank you to this

#11 Jeff S

Jeff S

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 15:04

As noted, the issue relates to M9s in general, not just the Monochrom. Just like the possibility of sensor corrosion, which can now at least be fixed.

Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic