Leica Noctilux-M f1.25 75 mm introduced

LUF Admin

Cheap shot. The person I talked to about the CL had a brief encounter with it. He wasn't even supposed to see it. Looked through the EVF, saw that it was fantastic, big and bright. Couldn't really tell the resolution. And he snapped a picture with the 18mm pancake and thought it was lightening fast. All good enough information for me at that time to have an idea what the CL was about. Better than reading about your FF wetdreams.

• Like 2

Cheap shot. The person I talked to about the CL had a brief encounter with it. He wasn't even supposed to see it. Looked through the EVF, saw that it was fantastic, big and bright. Couldn't really tell the resolution. And he snapped a picture with the 18mm pancake and thought it was lightening fast. All good enough information for me at that time to have an idea what the CL was about. Better than reading about your FF wetdreams.

No, not at all.  I am simply questioning the quality of the rumour.  When we were discussing the EVF in the CL, you were adamant that your source was accurate and informed about the SL EVF - I'm not sure if you recall, but you asked the rhetorical question - were we suggesting he was lying?

As for your repeat of the "wet dreams" comment, I'm not really sure what you mean by that.  I have a TL2 - what "FF wet dreams"?  An EVF based M camera?  That has been an ongoing discussion of hope for years.  Much as I would like it to be a possibility, it is unlikely to reach even rumour status.

No one is suggesting that you're making your reports up, just questioning their reliability.  The SL EVF report wasn't.  For many, that wasn't a minor detail.  After all the rumours, the CL isn't actually as featured as the TL2 (aside from the built in EVF with lower resolution than the 020 Visoflex used on the TL2 and M10).

Each time Leica releases a new, high performance lens, these wondrous rumours circulate - Noctilux glass cooling for a year in a cave etc etc.  There is no doubt that the failure rate on many of these lenses is high, even after they've been delivered, but I truly hope that Leica is not binning any lenses that fail production line quality checks.  That would be truly alarming, not because of their high quality requirements, but pretty awful component sourcing and production quality.

That may be a distinction which looks semantic, but it is important.

• Like 2

I look forward to the pictures you make with one.

The comments are getting personal and off topic.

@John - this professional reviewer thought the CL EVF was better than the Q's https://www.ingo-cordes.de/en/leica-en/leica-cl-test-report He didn't know the resolution at the time he wrote the report. But I'm sure you know this. You seem a bit frustrated with your TL2 now that the CL has been released and people are raving about it. I don't blame you.

Some people seem nervous about the release of the 75 Noctilux. The reactions and the personal attacks remind me of the time when the 50 Summilux-SL was released. Funnily, it's the same people.

Edited by Chaemono

• 3 months later...