Firmware 1.2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After updating to FW1.2, one item I noticed this morning was the removal of the long noise reduction wait after a 10-30 second exposure.

I was able to immediately take multiple long exposures without the normal long waits :).  To be fair, I don't fully remember the TL2 having the same issue as the SL, but I had not tried it before today (post update).

While the TL2 is better than the T/TL in regards of AF it is still not as good as some other fast mirrorless cameras from Olympus for example.

And als in regards of-reliability/ accurancy there is also still room for improvement. I am a bit dissappointed as well in this regard, because there are many things about the TL2 whichI like a lot.

I am not able to replicate the 'fix' for focus miss at infinity on the 55-135. Mine still continues to mostly miss at long distances (more than 100yds or so).

I am not able to replicate the 'fix' for focus miss at infinity on the 55-135. Mine still continues to mostly miss at long distances (more than 100yds or so).

My TL2 with the 55-135 behaves as you describe. AF-C with a half press gets focus to lock in with 1-point focusing.

After it gets one focus correctly it seems to correctly lock on subjects at various distances in without the half press.

I’m baffled.

The 15-56 seems to work correctly overall.

I just checked, and all of my T/TL lenses now have full-time focus when AF-C is selected.  Perhaps some firmware "genius" thought that giving the lenses a "head start" might help them focus faster?  

It's the same on the T . . . full-time AF when AF-C is selected.  This cannot be good for battery life.

What's different on the T is that my 55-135mm gets critically accurate focus on every shot at f/4.5, whereas the TL2 gets critical accuracy--though not all the time--only at f/5.6. 

I hope v. 1.3 is forthcoming soon. It is becoming somewhat difficult to stay positive.  

After updating to FW1.2, one item I noticed this morning was the removal of the long noise reduction wait after a 10-30 second exposure.

I was able to immediately take multiple long exposures without the normal long waits :). To be fair, I don't fully remember the TL2 having the same issue as the SL, but I had not tried it before today (post update).

This would be a very welcome and often asked for change! Can others confirm the option to turn off LENR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just checked, and all of my T/TL lenses now have full-time focus when AF-C is selected.  Perhaps some firmware "genius" thought that giving the lenses a "head start" might help them focus faster?  

It's the same on the T . . . full-time AF when AF-C is selected.  This cannot be good for battery life.

What's different on the T is that my 55-135mm gets critically accurate focus on every shot at f/4.5, whereas the TL2 gets critical accuracy--though not all the time--only at f/5.6. 

I hope v. 1.3 is forthcoming soon. It is becoming somewhat difficult to stay positive.  

IIRC AF-C was continuous with the TL2 in previous firmware as well. I no longer have it, but recall commenting on this back in August or so.

(And I thought this was a PITA as well).

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 2

IIRC AF-C was continuous with the TL2 in previous firmware as well. I no longer have it, but recall commenting on this back in August or so.

Any idea why Leica would purposely have it work this way?  Maybe I'm missing something . . . 

At any rate, that's less of a concern for me than the inaccurate AF on the 55-135mm.  

After seeing that the T can AF the 55-135 accurately, I plan to try it with the 35 and 18-56 tomorrow.  Looking at others' shots posted here, even at the reduced resolution, I get the feeling my TL2 may not be exploiting all the sharpness of which the lenses are capable.