Third Party battery for CL

I finally ended up getting the DSTE. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MEAMBDI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far so good. Charger is minuscule, which I really like. AND the batteries come with a plastic sleeve protecting the contacts inside a bag. Another plus. 

I'll update after a few months of use, if anybody is interested. 

• 4 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries on the CL

TOP-Max 2X DMW-BLC12, DMW-BLC12E, DMW-BLC12PP Battery + USB Charger with LED Screen for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, DMC-FZ1000, DMC-G5, DMC-G6, DMC-GH2, USB Charger

Price: CDN$ 38.79 & FREE Shipping. Details  

In Stock.

Want it Thursday, September 6? Order it in the next 21 hours 29 minutes and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
Sold by TOP-MAX Direct Shop and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

1 new from CDN$ 38.79

Size :
                                 1 Piece EN-EL3E USB Battery Charger                                 1 Piece LP-E6 USB Charger                                 1 Piece EN-EL14 Dual USB Charger                                 1 Piece EN-EL14 USB Charger                                 1 Piece EN-EL15 Dual USB Charger                                 1 Piece EN-EL15 USB Charger                                 1 Piece EN-EL19 USB Charger                                 2 Pieces NP-BX1 Battery + Dual USB Charg...                                 2 Pieces EN-EL3E Battery + Dual USB Char...                                 2 Pieces EB-EL5 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces LP-E5 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces NB-6L Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces LP-E8 Battery + Dual USB Charge...                                 2 Pieces LP-E10 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces NB-11L Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces DMW-BLC12 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces EN-EL12 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces LP-E12 Battery + Dual USB Charg...                                 2 Pieses LP-E17 Battery + Dual USB Charg...                                 2 Pieces LP-E17 Battery + LP-E17 USB Cha...                                 2 Pieces EN-EL19 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces NP-45 Battery + Dual USB Charge...                                 2 Pieces NP-45 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces NP-FW50 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces NP-W126 Battery + Dual USB Char...                                 2 Pieces NP-W126 Battery + USB Charger                                 2 Pieces AHDBT-501 Battery + Dual USB Ch...

• Replaces DMW-BLC12 battery,7.2v / 1600mAh - Lithium Ion technology - no 'memory-effect'
  • Much More Charging Options, Not only home and in car: Unlike traditional mains charger, TOP-MAX charger can charge with a USB wall charger, car charger, external battery, laptop etc. Rapidly and fully charge your battery within 1-1.5 Hours.
  • Forever charge your battery, NOT only at home and in car. With Common micro-USB input, you can recharge your battery wherever and whenever. You will always have a working camera to capture all the important and happy moments on your trips, never worried about running out of power. Perfect for Travel.
  • Show exactly how much the battery has been charged and help you predict when charging finishes. A traditional charger with LED Light can never do this for you.
  • Built with multiple circuit protection (over-charging, short-circuit, high-temperature, and surge protection), and high-quality, fire-resistant construction

• 6 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 5:00 AM, ayewing said:

Leica batteries are manufactured by Panasonic Energy (Wuxi) Co.,Ltd. This is stated on the label of the official Leica battery supplied with the CL and  also on page 95 of the CL instruction booklet. The Leica charger appears to be identical, apart from the labelling to the charger supplied with my Panasonic G80. As Leica gets their batteries from Panasonic you could make a modest saving by buying a Panasonic battery at £50 instead of a Leica version at £75 but I am happy to use the much less expensive alternatives.

Panasonic Energy (Wuxi) Co Ltd also make the same battery for Sigma (which I’ve just bought for $48). The construction and rating is identical to the Leica battery.

follow up: Nearly a year on now, the two Wasabi and two Leica OEM batteries I have for my CL continue to work identically. Same charge times, same amounts of use per charge. One thing I've noted is that the Leica OEM charger is a bit more efficient at fully charging the batteries (all of them) than the Nitecore USB chargers are, although the latter are much more convenient when traveling. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 9:05 AM, bencychin said:

Perhaps this topic had been addressed beforehand.

I would like to know if these batteries can be used for CL:

The battery is branded as DiviPower made by iCm Photography (China) - sold as compatible Panasonic DMW-BLC12PP rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery for Panasonic Lumix cameras.

They are rated at 7.4V 2500mAh, higher than Leica's battery BP-DC12 rated at 7.2V 1200mAh.

They are priced at 20% of the original.

But I am not sure if the extra 0.2V will be OK for the CL circuitry?

Thanks for your advice and thoughts.

Benedict.

I have a DiviPower battery for my D-Lux 7, and a JJC brand battery for my CL. I can report that both only offer approx. 60% of the capacity of the original Leica/Panasonic batteries. This is despite whatever claims are printed on the batteries themselves (e.g. 2500mah instead of the originals' 1200mah). Testing using Nitecore chargers which display how much power is transferred during the charging process.

Perhaps Wasabi is a more reliable/truthful brand, but we don't have them for sale in my country.

A lot of the smaller Chinese makers plain lie about the capacity of their batteries. For the larger single cell lithium ion batteries, 18650 etc, many makers just recycle old cells from broken laptops and put them in a shiny new casing. Some of them are classed as 4000+ mAH when it is dubious if they would even reach 1000. Another vote for Jupio. They are much cheaper than Leica and in my experience provide around 95% of the run time/image count. I had one faulty Jupio one (self discharging) and it was immediately replaced with no quibbles. They wanted the old one back to investigate, as they said it was the first failure they had had on their CL clone batteries. You also want to be certain that the over-discharge circuit is effective as if the voltage drops too low on LiON batteries, they will not recharge. 

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw

On 9/6/2018 at 2:40 AM, ramarren said:

I've now been using the Wasabis alongside the OEM batteries for a month. So far, identical number of exposures per charge, and identical recycle times. Two Wasabis plus a 2-battery charger cost me $25.

Same here regarding Wasabi. I bought two sets of these and all have worked just like the original Leica. I have two Cl's and my wife's V-Lux to feed.

I have run into problems with battery life, so I have 4 batteries for the CL 2 are Leica/Panasonic 2 are Wasabi, the Wasabi are 7.2V 1400mAh and 10.0Wh. Bought the batteries they came with a USB charger, which work great in a hotel on a trip last weekend. I was doing a lot of photos and one day I was on my third battery, so the Wasabi dual charger was nice. I agree with the comment on the Leica charger, the Wasabi is has a red light that goes to green, a real trivial problem. No specific data but I feel the Leica batteries last longer.