Advertisement (gone after registration)

I picked up mine (body only) from Tin Cheung in Hong Kong. The official Leica boutique in IFC Hong Kong told me they are out of stock but are expecting a delivery "in January".

Anyone get a CL lately on the East Coast?

Dan

I should be getting my CL+18-56 kit today, ordered from Crutchfield on Saturday. I think they're out of stock now, though

I couldn't find any @B&H or Adorama (where I usually shop) but Crutchfield had the Vario kits in stock and I like their return policy (e.g. 60 days, 300 clicks, no restocking) better than the Leica stores'.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  The Leica rubber shoulder pad (a cheap version of the "up-strap's" longer fingered pad) slips off my shoulder when I wear a nylon rain or wind jacket.  The SL shoulder pad does better.  And the D-rings are always coming undone (the plastic retainer at the strap pops loose, but the connection to the camera is kept) for me.

I don't wear nylon

Just heard my 11-23, SF40 and CL handle are on the way, which will complete my CL kit. Now only decision is whether to take my R to T adapter and 80-200/4 R lens to the Caribbean and New Orleans in 2 weeks time. I am leaning towards not taking it, as I don't think there would many requirements to need a lens longer than the 85mm EVOF of the 18-56 and it is another lens not to have to carry around. I am going back to Antigua and Barbados for family events, where over many visits during the last 40 years, I have taken more than enough photos. I think New Orleans will be more the 11-23 lens for the Mardi Gras parades etc. 

Wilson

One 'as new' listed today at London dealer's with handgrip and 18-56mm lens at £2590.

I imagine that will be Chris's. Nice discount!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last night I just decided on a whim to get the CL with 18-56mm kit and a 55-135mm lens. Went out and bought them today. Got the M to L adapter too to use my M lenses on the CL

I hope to be able to leave my Fuji at home when I travel now. Just the M10 and the CL

I gave Red Dot Cameras a call today - no sign of my CL and 18-56mm kit yet.  I'm Number 1 on the list (no idea how long the list is...)

I have just taken delivery of my CL and 18-56mm kit from Red Dot Cameras.  As I type this, the battery is charging.  They say "a watched pot never boils"...  The same applies to CL batteries :-)

I foresee a trip into Town to buy some more SD cards at the weekend.