Advertisement (gone after registration)

After repeated calls and emails to B&H, they finally are telling me that the estimate arrival of my order would be on December 28!!!....

How come while CL is available in almost everywhere in the world and many people are already using it, B&H,the most reputable store in the US, will not receive this damn camera before Xmas?

Are they lying or there is something very wrong with Leica distribution!.... I am very disappointed....

The one waiting for something good, is not waiting in vain... And it may not help, sorry, but all I can say is that the CL is definitely worth waiting for.

After repeated calls and emails to B&H, they finally are telling me that the estimate arrival of my order would be on December 28!!!....

How come while CL is available in almost everywhere in the world and many people are already using it, B&H,the most reputable store in the US, will not receive this damn camera before Xmas?

Are they lying or there is something very wrong with Leica distribution!.... I am very disappointed....

Distribution appears to be favouring the actual Leica Stores first.... often with multiple units/deliveries rather than spreading the available stock more widely. 

There appears to be no consistency on this occasion. My favoured dealer has had stock on the first day of release of most previous products....... but has not had any CL's ...... or even a delivery date. 

I know who will have more stock next week in the UK and could probably liberate one with some gentle persuasion ...... but there is no urgency for me, and anyway, 'dealer loyalty' usually pays dividends in the long term .....

Edited by thighslapper

Guest jvansmit

I went to one of the Hong Kong Leica boutiques over the weekend, and they haven't seen the CL yet, and didn't know when they might have stock. However, one of the grey market stores had one (now sold).

Edited by jvansmit

Leica store Las Vegas saying end of December too

Maybe they were caught between launching early with low stocks but catching Christmas buyers, and launching late with enough stock but the publicity lost in the general Christmas hype?

Guest VVJ

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It is not uncommon for new Leica products to only make it to the US a few weeks or even a few months after Europe and the rest of the world...

Contacted Adorama, and they have no idea when it'll arrive at their warehouse. I am really hoping I receive this before the Christmas holiday.  

Availability- will I make a few bucks if I buy the Leica CL both from B&H and Leica store when they become available, I preordered and went on the waitlist early upon announcement?

Anecdote, in 1976 as a young assitant to the IBM branch manager in NYC, one of my jobs was managing the preoreders of the branch and we had very large customers. IBM was preallocating the orders on the newly announced  IBM S/360 model 165 the largest mainframe then in the market. GE had an order ahead of RCA and RCA owners of Channel 3 NBC TV station, needed their S/360 168 computer for use in predicting the US Presidential election of 1976...RCA paid GE $1,000,000 to get their spot in the queue.

I wonder how much money I can make...just thinking aloud.

Any 18-56 zoom kits received yet?

Just a couple of CL bodies at my dealer ..... I would have opted for the CL+18 kit if one had appeared ..... but I'm happy with just the camera. 

Ivor from Red Dot said they were expecting another delivery this week, but as I had notification from elsewhere I didn't follow this up and have no idea exactly what he was expecting. 

Edited by thighslapper

Just bought mine from Manchester Leica Store.  They'd had a batch of kits and one spare body only.  I went for it.  Delivered Thursday

Just bought mine from Manchester Leica Store.  They'd had a batch of kits and one spare body only.  I went for it.  Delivered Thursday

Chris, 

18mm kits or Zoom kits as well? 

Wilson

Bare body. I’d got an adapter so will be able to use. Still thinking about which AF lens to get. Most likely the 55-135. For wide I’d probably prefer to stick with M.

Guest VVJ

Just received notice that my CL-kit with 18mm should be arriving in the US today.

I am unfortunately out of town right now but hopefully I will have mine on Monday.

Just received notice that my CL-kit with 18mm should be arriving in the US today.

I am unfortunately out of town right now but hopefully I will have mine on Monday.

which store did you buy?