Availability...

helged

Seems odd that the kit with the new lens is available, whereas the kit with the pre-existing 18-56 lens does not appear to be so far. Hoya (or whoever makes the 18-56 lens in Japan), not coming up to scratch on productivity?

Wilson

May not be a capacity issue. Sometimes the marketing department has funny ideas.

Leica Mayfair had a CL/18 kit in stock yesterday. Unfortunately I have paid my deposit at Red Dot otherwise I'd have bought it there and then. 

grrrrrr ..... Leica's very partisan distribution of the CL is becoming a bit annoying. My usual dealer is a Leica Boutique and they have had none. 

Much as I like Red Dot their 'non-returnable' deposit policy grates with me ....... and I am doubtful that it is legally enforceable .....  :huh:  

• Like 1

May not be a capacity issue. Sometimes the marketing department has funny ideas.

After all, It may be true the rumor that Leica first gives the camera to those who purchased it with a kit lens!...

If true, what a horrible decision of the marketing department!

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Due to financial problems I am no longer getting a CL, sad but true, it arrived yesterday for me but I could not gather enough recourses to complete the deal. Gutted, seeing as I had just sold my Summilux M 50 in anticipation of getting the 35 lux with the CL.

Although deeply saddened because it is not just my fault that the deal went down,,,,'cough',,,, I am also quite relieved I get to keep my M9, I just need to crack on and forget about owning a CL. I would most certainly of kept my Lux if I had known the deal was going to be rejected at the last minute.

Onward & Upward

• Like 2

I understand a dealer cannot sell a CL body and take an 18-56 TL out of stock, to make a kit and arrive at the correct RRP with the cross-discount, £3,275 in the UK. The combined list prices for a CL and the 18-56 at full price comes to £3575. They have to come as a package from the Leica regional wholesaler, in order to generate the correct price code, otherwise the dealer would be cutting his own margins. 

Wilson

I understand a dealer cannot sell a CL body and take an 18-56 TL out of stock, to make a kit and arrive at the correct RRP with the cross-discount, £3,275 in the UK. The combined list prices for a CL and the 18-56 at full price comes to £3575. They have to come as a package from the Leica regional wholesaler, in order to generate the correct price code, otherwise the dealer would be cutting his own margins.

Wilson

More than that: The kit comes in one (biggie) box - so the kit is not individually packed body and lens. So we are talking about different products in this sense.

• Like 1

grrrrrr ..... Leica's very partisan distribution of the CL is becoming a bit annoying. My usual dealer is a Leica Boutique and they have had none. 

Much as I like Red Dot their 'non-returnable' deposit policy grates with me ....... and I am doubtful that it is legally enforceable .....  :huh:

Yesterday Red Dot Cameras told me they had one available but couldn’t ship it to a Singapore due to their contract conditions with Leica, the Leica Store here is only launching it next week.

- Vikas

After all, It may be true the rumor that Leica first gives the camera to those who purchased it with a kit lens!...

If true, what a horrible decision of the marketing department!

Well I’ve ordered it with an 18mm kit. No advantage in terms of dellivery! And I’m loosing my TL2 tomorrow (unless my friend shows up to pick it up tonight!).

- Vikas

Yesterday Red Dot Cameras told me they had one available but couldn’t ship it to a Singapore due to their contract conditions with Leica, the Leica Store here is only launching it next week.

- Vikas

Indeed Reddot has been "asked" to refrain from selling new items to Singapore sometime in June this year.

I think the exorbitant pricing offered locally has made it lucrative for imports, even after payming GST!

I just got my CL 1 Dec from Vienna. Ordered on 22/11. All in it is still below the price you pay locally.

It is very solid, strangely it feels very "small" compared to TL, and very responsive AF plus very clear EVF.

• Like 1

I got mine 2 days after launch as body only.

Anyone received the body from B&H in US?

I ordered the moment Leica announced the camera in November 21, and I am still in backorder!.... When I see so many people with the camera and B&H not giving me any information, I don’t find it normal!

Indeed Reddot has been "asked" to refrain from selling new items to Singapore sometime in June this year.

I think the exorbitant pricing offered locally has made it lucrative for imports, even after payming GST!

I just got my CL 1 Dec from Vienna. Ordered on 22/11. All in it is still below the price you pay locally.

It is very solid, strangely it feels very "small" compared to TL, and very responsive AF plus very clear EVF.

Red Dot said that the Singapore Store gets upset when they see cameras bought elsewhere! I’m not sure the price is all that different though.

Yes I too was surprised at how the CL felt smaller than the TL/2. The TL models are actually a lot thinner on much of their body!

- Vikas

• Like 1

Red Dot said that the Singapore Store gets upset when they see cameras bought elsewhere! I’m not sure the price is all that different though.

Yes I too was surprised at how the CL felt smaller than the TL/2. The TL models are actually a lot thinner on much of their body!

- Vikas

For lower price item it is less attractive as the absolute $ difference becomes small.

Typical is a 10% after paying GST, so on a m10 it can be good $ left to be spend on accessories.

I must accept the fact i dont get VIP service or attention if something goes awry.

This for me is not an issue.

Hope you get yours soonest and start enjoying it.

Cheers!

Anyone received the body from B&H in US?

I ordered the moment Leica announced the camera in November 21, and I am still in backorder!.... When I see so many people with the camera and B&H not giving me any information, I don’t find it normal!

I called B&H and got standard answer they have not confirm availbility nor share information how far you are in the wait list, frustrating....I am hoping as it happenned with the M10, the LV Leica store will get them earlier even if I have to shell out sales tax again.

• Like 1

Due to financial problems I am no longer getting a CL, sad but true, it arrived yesterday for me but I could not gather enough recourses to complete the deal. Gutted, seeing as I had just sold my Summilux M 50 in anticipation of getting the 35 lux with the CL.

Although deeply saddened because it is not just my fault that the deal went down,,,,'cough',,,, I am also quite relieved I get to keep my M9, I just need to crack on and forget about owning a CL. I would most certainly of kept my Lux if I had known the deal was going to be rejected at the last minute.

Onward & Upward

I'm saddened to hear this.... so you sold your 50 lux and you had another lens(es) to sell?

• Like 1

I'm saddened to hear this.... so you sold your 50 lux and you had another lens(es) to sell?

I sold my Summilux because I was number 1 on the list and it was a trade deal, including other lenses, the cash was to fund a 35 Lux for the CL when I picked it up but it went a wee bit sour and although I do understand the issue it does not make it any the less sour.

The only lenses I have now for my SL is the 28/35/50 E55, a C-class 90/4 and a big R lens 250/4 I have nothing really for portraiture now.. I do have some cash though but every day takes a chunk away.

I sold my Summilux because I was number 1 on the list and it was a trade deal, including other lenses, the cash was to fund a 35 Lux for the CL when I picked it up but it went a wee bit sour and although I do understand the issue it does not make it any the less sour.

The only lenses I have now for my SL is the 28/35/50 E55, a C-class 90/4 and a big R lens 250/4 I have nothing really for portraiture now.. I do have some cash though but every day takes a chunk away.

:(

After repeated calls and emails to B&H, they finally are telling me that the estimate arrival of my order would be on December 28!!!....

How come while CL is available in almost everywhere in the world and many people are already using it, B&H,the most reputable store in the US, will not receive this damn camera before Xmas?

Are they lying or there is something very wrong with Leica distribution!.... I am very disappointed....