Availability...

helged

Availability- will I make a few bucks if I buy the Leica CL both from B&H and Leica store when they become available, I preordered and went on the waitlist early upon announcement?
Anecdote, in 1976 as a young assitant to the IBM branch manager in NYC, one of my jobs was managing the preoreders of the branch and we had very large customers. IBM was preallocating the orders on the newly announced  IBM S/360 model 165 the largest mainframe then in the market. GE had an order ahead of RCA and RCA owners of Channel 3 NBC TV station, needed their S/360 168 computer for use in predicting the US Presidential election of 1976...RCA paid GE $1,000,000 to get their spot in the queue.

I wonder how much money I can make...just thinking aloud.

I hope your are joking.

• Like 1

I just received a CL body from Leica Store Miami.  Their first shipment was bodies only--no kits, no pancakes, no accessories.  Luckily, I ordered a zoom and prime from existing stock on announcement day.  Those arrived some time ago, so I'm good to go.

• Like 2

Official Launch in Singapore on Dec 13th

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

- Vikas

• Like 2

I got mine today in Melbourne, Australia.  Only unit they got I was told.  And that was due to a mixup a few days ago when I was told it was in stock via email, only to find out that was the demo model  the system accidentally allocated to me!

Michaels Camera store and Leica Aus outdid themselves, getting me one of these rare units to make up for the mix up :)

I'm thrilled, great customer service

Oh the camera is awesome too.. body only. Have only had a 2min play with it but hope to go for a walk soon and play with it.

• Like 1

Las Vegas Leica received two with 18 mm kit...I ordered 18-58, they dont have th elens in the store, thus would have to wait...tested the CL with 11-35 mm

DSC09834-XL.jpg

Hi Tonyniev ,Is Black Body match to TL (35mm) Silver Lens? What do you think? Appreciate your comment Edited by CKho

Back in the US since yesterday evening and in possession of the CL (with 18mm) since today.

For what's it worth, my dealer told me that pre-orders for the CL outperform the pre-orders for the TL2 by a factor of 8...

Edited by JorisV

I rent one with the 18 pancake from Lens Rental a few days after the announcement and just received word they are shipping it to me. Trying to see if it will be my new small travel camera. Was using the Sony RX1 R2 but after 3 years I am feeling limited by just the 35 mm FL.