Availability...

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As inevitable as threads discussing pouches, bags, straps, grips, to use filter or no filter, to use display protection or not, to peel or not to peel, to tape or not to tape, etc. - and as a service to those waiting for the CL to arrive:

Please chime in where and when bodies show up...

Waiting to hear from Popflash.  They will let me know when their first shipment is due, and I haven't heard anything yet.  I suspect the Leica stores get the first crates of CLs.  Jared, what do you hear in the bay area?

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 1

Waiting to hear from Popflash. They will let me know when their first shipment is due, and I haven't heard anything yet. I suspect the Leica stores get the first crates of CLs. Jared, what do you hear in the bay area?

No date yet here aside from, “Oh, yeah, definitely before Christmas.” That’s as specific as I have asked for till the first shipments start to arrive.

• Like 1

Interesting sidelight on forum membership: I think I've been the only UK member with a CL for nearly a week, yet Leica Mayfair had received a delivery of four, all of which were sold; they said Red Dot Cameras had already sold one (perhaps more). Who knows how many ffordes, Wilkinsons etc had sold. So forum membership seems to be representative of 20% of Leica owners at the outside. Something to remember the next time we have one of those threads along the lines of "we Leica owners demand feature/camera X" ;).

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting sidelight on forum membership: I think I've been the only UK member with a CL for nearly a week, yet Leica Mayfair had received a delivery of four, all of which were sold; they said Red Dot Cameras had already sold one (perhaps more). Who knows how many ffordes, Wilkinsons etc had sold. So forum membership seems to be representative of 20% of Leica owners at the outside. Something to remember the next time we have one of those threads along the lines of "we Leica owners demand feature/camera X" ;).

Distribution appears to have been more patchy than usual with only the main/bigger dealers being supplied. No sign of any at the other usual sources in the UK.

I presume the pecking order goes Leica Store > Leica Boutique > Leica Dealer ...... etc etc etc ...... Jessops 

From past experience Leica deliveries appear weekly in the UK .... usually on thursday/friday .... as I have nearly always had delivery on friday/saturday.

I suspect a few more will be en route midweek .....  :mellow:

.... 20% ....... yes the genuinely well heeled are far too busy and important to spend time corresponding with the rest of the Leica riff-raff on the internet ....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 3

Paul,

As far as I know, Ffordes have not received any. I have a very good relationship with both Steves and am top of their pre-paid list, so I am sure I will get the first one they have. They may be waiting for stock of the 18-56TL lens, as I see that is also on pre-order on their website. I have pre-ordered both on the cross-discount deal. They have my 90-280 to part-ex or commission sale against the 11-23 TL, a spare battery and an SF40 flash, plus dependant on release date, a handle. 

Wilson

• Like 1

It is very difficult to generalise from such small numbers. I, for example, have the camera in my hands now for a couple of days, but I did not have time to test it or write anything about it. Weekdays are for work unfortunately... 

:)

Edit : Here is another one!

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279062-leica-cl-the-image-thread/?p=3405953

We are reaching 50% representation!  :p

Edited by Daedalus2000
  • Like 3

I ordered the body only in Black. Red Dot Camera told me that I was 3rd on their list. That was 21st November, yesterday 28th November a courier delivered my new CL body and now I can begin the task pf learning the controls. A very big thanks to Red Dot and to Leica for great service because I had expected that it would be after Christmas before the body would arrive.

• Like 3

Seems odd that the kit with the new lens is available, whereas the kit with the pre-existing 18-56 lens does not appear to be so far. Hoya (or whoever makes the 18-56 lens in Japan), not coming up to scratch on productivity? 

Wilson