Wish list for future TL lenses

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The only other lens I would quite like would be a Summilux or even Noctilux/Noctiron version of the 23mm (35mm EFOV), currently made in an f2 Summicron version but I suspect that is vanishingly unlikely ever to arrive. 

Hopefully not.  I would also like a Summilux 23mm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So a complete set of AF Lux's for the T mount, ranging from 23mm, to 75mm and 90mm. This would do very nicely, especially the 75mm...

They'll be large(ish).

For me, the sweet spot is the wide zoom and 35 Summilux.  Anything else, I prefer the M (only Monochrom) or SL - fabulous image quality from 24-280.

There's apparently an L mount related announcement on June 14th, so hoping for some new lenses there. Fingers crossed for a 24-70 and / or more Lux primes, which seems to be the demand. 

Slightly off topic issue: what's the durability like on the TL lenses? Have been thinking of picking up a TL2 but hoping the TL lenses will last for a good 7-8 years of decent use before electronics start to give way. Of course they're only 4 years old so would be difficult to tell at this point, but any insights on how they are holding up so far would be most welcome... 

Wish List........

16-80mm f2.8-4 IS

80-200mm f2.8-4 IS

33mm 1.2

56mm f1.2

16mm f1.4

Gordon

I personally would buy all of these and I already have the existing 7 lenses.

I guess I just don't understand why Leica does not release more TL-lenses, especially after the (I believe) commercial success of the CL.

I personally would buy all of these and I already have the existing 7 lenses.

I guess I just don't understand why Leica does not release more TL-lenses, especially after the (I believe) commercial success of the CL.

How long does it take to design and produce a prototype TL lens, source the materials/components, design / perfect the firmware, design the subsequent production line (which might be third party), and arrange marketing and distribution?

Likely two years minimum for any new lens.

They do not grow on trees.

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

There's apparently an L mount related announcement on June 14th, so hoping for some new lenses there. Fingers crossed for a 24-70 and / or more Lux primes, which seems to be the demand. 

Slightly off topic issue: what's the durability like on the TL lenses? Have been thinking of picking up a TL2 but hoping the TL lenses will last for a good 7-8 years of decent use before electronics start to give way. Of course they're only 4 years old so would be difficult to tell at this point, but any insights on how they are holding up so far would be most welcome... 

Why should the electronics "give way"?  That one has me really puzzled. In general electronic components last for decades.

How long does it take to design and produce a prototype TL lens, source the materials/components, design / perfect the firmware, design the subsequent production line (which might be third party), and arrange marketing and distribution?

Likely two years minimum for any new lens.

They do not grow on trees.

dunk 

Nobody claimed they do...  That is why you typically plan ahead and put out a roadmap for your customers...

BTW, I thought you had sold your T or TL2...?