Vieri

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Old Man of Storr and Loch Fada, a long exposure at sunrise taken on the Isle of Skye in Scotland during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle this last spring. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

SL2_0041.jpg

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Edited by Vieri
  • Like 11

A favourite spot of mine too.

Unfortunately, Skye is getting so busy that it's very difficult to take photographs without hundreds of camper vans and coaches intruding. There are better places to visit in Scotland these days and leave Skye to the rest. 

Beautiful, as usual

Thank you very much Stuart! :)

A favourite spot of mine too.

Unfortunately, Skye is getting so busy that it's very difficult to take photographs without hundreds of camper vans and coaches intruding. There are better places to visit in Scotland these days and leave Skye to the rest. 

While it is true that in summer going to Skye is impossible, in general I have to disagree, Andy - it is enough to go in the right season, and to the right locations, and you can still enjoy the best of Skye in relative peace. I am leading Workshops there for three years now, after having visited for about a decade more or less every year, and I don't think we never had to compete for a spot or having to clone out other photographers from our pictures :) In 2018, I will be there mid-March for my WS and I am sure it will be ok. After Easter, however, I wouldn't want to risk it ;)

Best regards,

Vieri

Beautiful Vieri,

We were on Isle of Skye this September but only for two nights and wished we had spent more time there. It was not crowded. The weather was great. We drove past this location but in the middle of the day. Hope to go back!!!!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Beautiful Vieri,

We were on Isle of Skye this September but only for two nights and wished we had spent more time there. It was not crowded. The weather was great. We drove past this location but in the middle of the day. Hope to go back!!!!!

Thank you very much Bill, glad you enjoyed it! :) Glad you enjoyed Skye without the crowds, as well. We'll be back in spring for one of my Workshops, let me know if interested.

Another stunning photo Vieri!

Andy - despite the "hordes" if I'm in the area I still have to visit Skye, if for no other reason than taking another ride on the turntable ferry. 

Thank you very much Graham, glad you enjoyed it! :) 

Best regards,

Vieri