Next, a full frame upgrade, ML,

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can I just check your logic? Is that going to take CL lenses or SL lenses? Or a whole new type of lens?

Not sure what Leica will do, but my hypothetical ML (or CM) could take both SL and TL/CL lenses, and if you set to auto HF/FF switching, it could detect a TL/CL, show the HF view in the EVF, and deliver the HF image。 Same as SL does.

Can I just check your logic? Is that going to take CL lenses or SL lenses? Or a whole new type of lens?

Not sure what Leica will do, but my hypothetical ML (or CM) could take both SL and TL/CL lenses, and if you set to auto HF/FF switching, it could detect a TL/CL, show the HF view in the EVF, and deliver the HF image。 Same as SL does.

LMAOROTFBTCSTCNDBFOOTWIFOAGWLLBGWTHROOTSAIAKBAYB

If they release a new model, based upon the M10 or CL, that is: full frame, accepts M lenses, and eliminates the optical finder and replaces it with an EVF, I'd probably buy it -- provided it's 24 megapixels (or greater).  Right now I use my M lenses on a Sony a7ii, and I very much like the results; but I have the feeling these lenses would work better on a Leica body, especially in areas such as corner resolution.

I started with SLRs, and I have found I have a hard time with rangefinders -- focusing in particular.  I took a portrait not long ago and I could have sworn I focused on the person's cheek, but I forgot to stop the lens down, so the resulting exposure was made at f2 (therefore no focus shift), and I notice when looking at the print the plane of focus is about two feet behind the head.  This is with an M3, and I suspect the mechanism is out of calibration.  And I have trouble with accessory finders as well.  It took quite some time to realize that one of my finders wasn't showing the view that was going to be presented to the film, but that there were little teenie frame lines inside it that demarcated that actual boundary.  Those frame lines were so faint as to be almost invisible.  A lot of potential pitfalls that take a certain amount of awareness and experience to avoid.  An EVF would make it more foolproof...assuming of course that the EVF shows exactly the boundaries that the sensor will see (neither more nor less), and there is no vignetting by the eyepiece.

• Like 1

If they release a new model, based upon the M10 or CL, that is: full frame, accepts M lenses, and eliminates the optical finder and replaces it with an EVF, I'd probably buy it -- provided it's 24 megapixels (or greater).  Right now I use my M lenses on a Sony a7ii, and I very much like the results; but I have the feeling these lenses would work better on a Leica body, especially in areas such as corner resolution.....

If they released what you said and included a electronic shutter to 25k ish or more, allowing the use of a Noct wide open in sun without an ND I would also buy one... I wouldnt use it all the time, as the M10 RF system is much fast than an EVF for focussing but for critical stuff I would.

• Like 1