CL firmware update

helged

+1.  This is the way the T and TL2 work.  I have no idea why they changed it for the CL.  After 6 months it still drives me insane...

Same here, coming from the SL and all the simple settings available, I still cannot figure out who did work on the CL menus... certainly not field  users . 

And the video mode leaves me speechless... 

Edited by JMF

It sounds like having it user configurable might be a reasonable compromise here...

Agree, should be possible. Seems like a difference of usage between manual users and (semi)automatic users.

Bernard de Graaf

www.bernarddefotograaf.nl

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

• 1 month later...

After 4 months use I love this camera. I have two request for firmware improvements.

1 Add “Lock four way controller” to “Wheel Lock” menu” . It’s too easy to accidentally move focus point.

2 Ability to lock exposure and focus separately.

Thanks, Dan

• Like 1

The SL's firmware was just updated to include joystick lock. I'll be making that update, without doubt.

Let's hope the CL's firmware is right behind.

After 4 months use I love this camera. I have two request for firmware improvements.

1 Add “Lock four way controller” to “Wheel Lock” menu” . It’s too easy to accidentally move focus point.

2 Ability to lock exposure and focus separately.

Thanks, Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Not a request as such.  Having just bought my CL (I knew I'd be buying a Fuji X-E3 or TL2 when I left the house that morning, but the CL just astounded me!), can someone confirm there haven't been any firmware upgrades yet.  I see lots of suggestions, but can't find anything substantive.  So, am I OK on 1.0?

thanks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not a request as such.  Having just bought my CL (I knew I'd be buying a Fuji X-E3 or TL2 when I left the house that morning, but the CL just astounded me!), can someone confirm there haven't been any firmware upgrades yet.  I see lots of suggestions, but can't find anything substantive.  So, am I OK on 1.0?

thanks

You're OK with 1.0.  There have been  rumblings that new CL firmware was about to improve a few things commonly complained about (like the assignment of the wheels in each mode) but if this is being done it hasn't surfaced yet.  Locking and power conservation improvements that recently appeared in the SL's firmware would also apply to the CL, but those (in the SL) are more controversial.  Not everyone loves them.  Still it is reasonable to assume that the two L-mount cameras would see upgrades on a similar schedule. 

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 1