Sign in to follow this  
Jodad

UK Leica engineers/CLA/Body/Lens work

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey all

Who do you guys recommend in England that is actually still in business?

I've got an iiig and need the speeds checked and the RF realigned (certainly vertically realigned) and also the "second image" in the RE is so ultra light/faded/barely visible too.

Also, evidently i need to get my lens lubed although i have a feeling that isn't too difficult following a couple of YouTube videos?

As always, thanks a lot!

Thanks a noctilux. Their service seems pretty comprehensive and the price isn't bad. I'm guessing by your message that you haven't used them though.

Anyone have experience with cameraworks-uk?

I would recommend Camera works. I was very pleased with the work they did for me.

I had several M lenses and a Leica M6 serviced by Malcolm Taylor. Great chap to chat on the phone and he does excellent work! I hope he is well and still working.

Koray

My 1937 Leica II was serviced by Newton Ellis in Liverpool many years ago... and I've just entrusted it to them again along with my 1937 9cm Elmar. Once I have those back, I plan on sending them my 5cm Summar, 13.5cm Hektor lenses and IIIf camera.

You can find them at http://www.newtonellis.com