Any M/Q owners pre-ordered the CL today? reasons?

Letin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Found myself pre-ordering the CL this morning with 18mm Elamrit. It's actually for my wife, I convinced her to trade in her Fuji X100F for the CL. 

I shoot with M-P film & M10 daily. Did not like external EVF/style of the TL2 and always wanted a less "serious" Leica camera to complement the M cameras & lenses.

- 18mm (28mmish) lens AUTO on a slightly smaller CL body is the main reason for the purchase

- works with M lenses with adapter

- family/wife's daily camera with 4k video

- with the 18/28mm Elmarit it's a size down from the Q we used to own, 1.5 stops trade off

- bult-in VF

what motivates you to buy the CL?

I have preordered and pre-paid for one yesterday with the standard zoom and 11-23 Zoom as well. As I get older and more arthritic, increasingly I find the SL with the 24-90 too much to carry for any extended period. I have always been a fan of the film CL and often use mine with either the original (but tweaked by Malcolm Taylor) 40 Summicron or the 35 ASPH Summicron. I am top of the waiting list at my dealer, so there is, I understand, at least a chance I will get one in December. 

Wilson

• Like 2

Small and easier for walkaround, and while I have M10 and SL, I expect it to be used in travel and some walkaround.  The T lenses are excellent. I still have some from original T days and use them on SL from time to time.   I am not slavishly addicted to the OVF and love having a spot meter and exposure preview.   I don't see it as a replacement for either M10 or SL, but it makes the Q somewhat redundant.

[...] but it makes the Q somewhat redundant.

I don't think the CL can possibly make the Q redundant for me, as the Q has got a full format sensor and a better high ISO performance plus an image stabilizer. As a Q-user, I personally don't want to take a step backwards.

• Like 1

I don't think the CL can possibly make the Q redundant for me, as the Q has got a full format sensor and a better high ISO performance plus an image stabilizer. As a Q-user, I personally don't want to take a step backwards.

Good points.  Not that I was rushing to dispose of my Q.  Besides, one cannot have too many cameras.  :)

• Like 1

Help....I am progressively being poisoned...by GAS.

Will like to replace my TL with CL.

After all, CL does fits the initials of my First names. :rolleyes:

Benedict CL Chin

Ben, you were made for each other.

Sent from my EVA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

preordered with zoom lens kit for walk around camera, giving my Sony A6000 to granddaughter, rethinking what to do with Sony A7R, primarily with 16-35 mm zoom... which was my backup for the M10.

Some of you may, like me, be plotting the path to a CL by clearing space for it with some strategic gifting of existing stock to relatives. This process needs to early in life. As a result of not multiplying enough I have now run out of family to persuade to take photography beyond their iphones, starting with this nice camera from Dad's collection.

Sent from my EVA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Small and easier for walkaround, and while I have M10 and SL, I expect it to be used in travel and some walkaround. The T lenses are excellent. I still have some from original T days and use them on SL from time to time. I am not slavishly addicted to the OVF and love having a spot meter and exposure preview. I don't see it as a replacement for either M10 or SL, but it makes the Q somewhat redundant.

Interesting to hear from Leica users who also owns the SL, which was the first alternative that came to mind when thinking of an evf system that works well with the M lenses. Day 2, I hesitate a little and thinking about SL instead of CL....

I intend to buy and use as travel camera to replace D-Lux typ 109 which I will give to my son. The M lens facility with adapter is interesting as I will just need a body.

that was one of my reasons too, not sure if the D-lux's ever gonna be updated. The CL is the smallest EVF Leica capable of adapting most lenses 

size.

I shoot primarily with M10 and M7...but this will be a great option for a compact travel camera and times when AF is necessary or prefered.

It will also make a great compact camera for location scouting and a b-roll pocket camera w/ M lenses. (assuming Leica gives us 24fps)

very similar to my setup, a digital & film body in the bag. would you bring all 3 bodies out or substitute the M10 for the CL for less "serious" stuff like you said scouting