Make sense of this?

pico

Apparently yes, a 1st type 8 elements... number right... Canada ok... black items are rare but do exist, undoubtly... the originality of THIS black finish is of course questionable.... :huh:; red feet scale can also be ok... a detail which would be Worth to inspect is the bayonet flange, which seems to have a hole for a tiny screw (missing ?) : those items had probably a screw mount and a factory-adapter (and some surely do focus to 1m - SM style - not 0,7m), but Lager says (and displays) that usually this flange/adapter is chrome even on black items .. but displays also an item (Wetzlar) with black flange (declaring it as "unusual") The paint of the ebay item seems a bit too fine, expecially the back surface of the flange... who knows ? :huh:

Base price interesting, btw... typically, they are valued much more, if original...

WestLicht sold several items of this kind in recent years (see 2017-16-15-14) and you can compare easily.. there are lot of different details one to each other...

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

Interesting lens and observations - it does seem to be a screw mount with (factory) adapter on the 2nd photo. The paint on the lens (and adapter) looks shiny and may not be original (is that chrome coming through in photo 3?). Did they produce a black screw mount version (apart from the CB special) in '59 or only a chrome version - in case of the latter, that would explain the paint...

Is the value of the chrome much less ?

Item removed from ebay... :huh: ...pity, I would have been curios to see how bids would evolve...

The chrome 8 elements version is always valued a lot less than the (supposed original) black items... I bought my chrome one (Wetzlar, someway less common than Canada, according to some sources) many years ago and don't remember the price... but it was a "normal" price for a used item... I bought it when my only 35 was a Summaron 3,5 (could be 1985-86...) and was simply looking for a more luminous lens...

Edited by luigi bertolotti