Urgent planning considerations for my new CL

marcg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm so excited at the news of this new camera. For many years I was using a Leica/Minolta CL and I loved the small format of the camera.

However, before I can even think of buying one, I have to ask the following questions: –

What bag should I get for my new Leica CL? - Bag for life, 10p at your nearest supermarket

What case should I get my new Leica CL? - no need if you get a bag for life, see above

What strap should I get my new Leica CL? - boot lace, various colours available, cheap and effective. Double knot for extra security. Usually come in packs of 2.

And also, I shall soon be going on holiday to Bourton on the Water, do think I should take it with me? - No, in case you drop it in the water. Buy an X-U for that.

No probs. Hang in there it will be forthcoming. In my experience the Cotswolds are survivable without a Thumbs up - just.

It really depends on whether you're hitch-hiking. If so, you'll definitely need a thumbs-up.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 3

The CL2 will have IBIS, the EVF from the SL, full frame sensor, will be thinner than the CL, AND will have a phone built in!

I have been told by informed sources that, indeed, Leica is already considering a CL2 that besides your suggestions, it will also open your garage door and change channels on your TV. ;)

• Like 3

And also, I shall soon be going on holiday to Bourton on the Water, do think I should take it with me?

The first thing that strikes me about your post is to say _don’t_ go to Bourton on the Water. Or at least I wouldn’t plan to spend a lot of time there. It struck me a place that has become a victim of its own beauty. It’s so full of gawking tourists and touristy shops that a lot of places in the Cotswolds well worth your photographic attention.

- Vikas

Edited by vikasmg
  • Like 1

I have been told by informed sources that, indeed, Leica is already considering a CL2 that besides your suggestions, it will also open your garage door and change channels on your TV. ;)

That sounds like my iPhon - no wait, a Huawei with a new viewfinder clipped on.

- Vikas

No probs. Hang in there it will be forthcoming. In my experience the Cotswolds are survivable without a Thumbs up - just.

For the Lake District you will need the Beatrix Potter edition CL, which comes with a Jemima Puddle-Duck waterproof housing.

William