Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

26 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

CL+90SL

Channelling my inner Steve Huff

I was thinking more along the lines of still life painters of the 18th century, or Giuseppe Arcimboldo. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=still+life+painters+of+the+18th+century&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj56uq-9NDkAhULh1wKHZlYBfwQsAR6BAgDEAE&biw=1164&bih=706

But I've been infected with photographing my farmers market haul as well. 

Edited by Jake

Few street portraits.

CL + 18-56

CL + 35mm TL

CL + Nikkor 50mm, f/1.4

CL +  55-135

Edited by Louis

36 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Channelling my inner Steve Huff

nah. Steve would have sah that this was the best camera + lens combination in all human history, and that he's bought and sold this kit three times, regretting selling it each time and buying it back again. And...these are much better and more interesting photographs that he produces (with all due respect to him).

23 minutes ago, bags27 said:

nah. Steve would have sah that this was the best camera + lens combination in all human history, and that he's bought and sold this kit three times, regretting selling it each time and buying it back again. And...these are much better and more interesting photographs that he produces (with all due respect to him).

Before becoming “Steve Huff”, Steve was a forum member in DPreview, Leica forum.  Many other forum members were far better photographers.  When he started taking himself seriously in his site, those who knew him in the forum took him with a grain of salt, and that didn’t change since for the good old forum members. :)

I was only poking mild fun at Steve Huff: I respect him and many others from whom I learned when making the decision to jump into digital Leica after years of film Leica. I needed people who could explain to me what Leica was doing with the M8 & M9, and how well they worked. I'm happy to take responsibility for my own choices, but I'll take info from anyone who can communicate it well, which he does.  

2 hours ago, Louis said:

Before becoming “Steve Huff”, Steve was a forum member in DPreview, Leica forum.  Many other forum members were far better photographers.  When he started taking himself seriously in his site, those who knew him in the forum took him with a grain of salt, and that didn’t change since for the good old forum members. :)

Louis,

Your  photographs of beautiful women and graffiti in Miami is very entertaining and your black and white skills seem to impress. Perhaps you should make an effort to help the rest of us be as talented as you have become ? 🤪🕺🕺

1 hour ago, albert said:

Louis,

Your  photographs of beautiful women and graffiti in Miami is very entertaining and your black and white skills seem to impress. Perhaps you should make an effort to help the rest of us be as talented as you have become ? 🤪🕺🕺

I would think that each of us should develop our own skills and aesthetic views. Louis's approach is unique to him and yours is to you, Albert. Celebrate difference. 🙂

28 minutes ago, bags27 said:

I would think that each of us should develop our own skills and aesthetic views. Louis's approach is unique to him and yours is to you, Albert. Celebrate difference. 🙂

OK

28 minutes ago, bags27 said:

2 hours ago, jc1 said:

CL + TL(18-56)

My master in action

I wish I could hit all 3 buttons on this photo: excellent, funny, and thanks! 

On 9/14/2019 at 5:46 AM, Louis said:

Few street shots.

CL + 35mm TL

CL + 35mm TL

CL + 18-56

I saw a French movie on board the flight to SIngapore called 'Raoul Taburin' - directed by Pierre Godeau.  A nice quiet movie about a bicycle repair man who can't ride a bike.  Part of the way through the movie he makes friends with a photographer shooting pictures of rural French town, who can not shoot moving objects because he can never click the shooter at the decisive moment.

I thought of you because it is quite unlike you, dear friend, who always knows the right moment to release the shutter 🙂