Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, HeinzX said:

Three orange blossoms of roses - with CL and L 60 mm Macro in three variations. #1 background not softened , #2 background softened in ordinary way - result a kind of glowing around the blossoms ,#3 background softened  in a little tricky manner - disadvantage no more exifs in the picture before resizing for the forum. 

HeinzX,  a lovely subject,  well presented. From an artistic point of view, the second and third win. What method did you use for picture #3?

Thank ou for your kind attention and comment.

For #3 I isolated the picture without the flowers, then I filled the empty room by photoshop with the other background and softed it  and finally I inserted the flowers again. With this method it is possible to avoid the glowing halos around the flowers but you lose the exifs.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:52 AM, justbananas said:

I haven't posted any photos lately!  I should remember that photos are taken to share. 

Hi, great series, particularly like the black & whites.   May have missed a heading,  but what lens did you use? thanks

Last Saturday evening, @ Redstone Lake, Ontario, Canada

Initially I wanted calm water, but I liked the gentle wake from the boat :)

Leica CL, Zeiss Biogon 2.8/35ZM @f2.8, 1/200th, ISO 200

On 8/18/2019 at 8:53 PM, bags27 said:

Jelly Fish in the Monterey Aquarium with the 55-135. First, pretty much out of camera; then converted to B&W with a few modifications in PS, just for fun.

I visited there a few years back, I'm sure I took a picture of the same jelly fish ;). Can't share it because it was shot with a Canon.

Great shots!

Gerry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, GerryM said:

I visited there a few years back, I'm sure I took a picture of the same jelly fish ;). Can't share it because it was shot with a Canon.

Great shots!

Gerry

Thanks! Great minds.... And you probably remember this one, too. 55-135

whale-watch off Monterey with the CL R135 f/2.8 and x2 APO. Seals had herded the anchovies into a pack so that the whales could get them. The gulls followed the whales, and when the whales shot up to get the anchovies, a lot of the fish were thrown into the air, causing the gulls to swoop down.

My father in law brought this to his lake cabin 70 years ago on the top of his car . Many fine memories for three generations,

Hold on.....I'll soon drown you with too many posts from my 15 days up North in Minnesota.

US Airforce Thunderbirds, US Navy Blue Angels & RAF Red Arrows aerial parade down the Hudson River yesterday