Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Boojay said:

Yes, you are quite right of course.  I do recalibrate my monitors (desktop and laptops) or at least my daughter does it for me, but as yet have not got into making my own pre-sets, just too lazy to learn I guess, and have just got used to quickly moving those sliders to where I judge it right for my eyes, I rarely venture out of Lightroom classic.  I keep telling myself I need to learn more about processing but think it may well have to be in another life😉.  

I’m seven steps behind you and don’t feel pressed to speed-up. Maybe in my eighties🤪🕺🕺

6 hours ago, bags27 said:

JB--I like all your photos, but a big shoutout especially for these two: slightly high grain and not especially sharply focused. In other words, failing the technical test of absolute digital sharpness and clarity. But who cares? they capture emotion far better the way you rendered them. Thanks.

These two are two of my favorites. It’s sometimes hard to achieve a slightly out of sharp image on the cL.. love it when I do

20 minutes ago, justbananas said:

These two are two of my favorites. It’s sometimes hard to achieve a slightly out of sharp image on the cL.. love it when I do

I have no trouble at all being out of precise focus. 😀

56 minutes ago, Jacek.PL said:

TL23/2

An interesting property and thatching style. Any further information would be welcome. The chosen lens was perfect for this subject. 

20 hours ago, wda said:

An interesting property and thatching style. Any further information would be welcome. The chosen lens was perfect for this subject. 

Thank you WDA. This is the place (http://siolo-budy.pl/en/) on the edge of the village Budy near the Białowieża National Park

Three orange blossoms of roses - with CL and L 60 mm Macro in three variations. #1 background not softened , #2 background softened in ordinary way - result a kind of glowing around the blossoms ,#3 background softened  in a little tricky manner - disadvantage no more exifs in the picture before resizing for the forum. 

On 8/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, justbananas said:

I’ve really enjoyed this varied series of pictures!

On 8/19/2019 at 5:02 AM, Boojay said:

As with many of my CL shots I find the green/yellow channel a bit too strong - may just be me, or my screen but I often find myself pulling back the greens.

I love the greens in your photos - if that’s dialed back I wonder if something is off between the camera, monitors or more likely my eyes...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, vikasmg said:

I love the greens in your photos - if that’s dialed back I wonder if something is off between the camera, monitors or more likely my eyes...

Lurid greens seems to be a common problem with digital cameras. This forum isn't the only one where acid green syndrome is commented on adversely. I have a 'Less landscape green' preset in Lightroom that pulls back yellow and a bit of green saturations for landscape shots.

Edit: I'm off to the Shetlands for a week, so I'll have plenty of chances for testing this preset again!

Edited by LocalHero1953