Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/12/2019 at 3:39 AM, Boojay said:

Lovely Albert and congratulations to you both, my better half and I are approaching 42 years so we have a way to go yet!  With that in mind as I was looking at your photo and reading your words these two loved up doves caught my eye through the window, seemed I had to take a photo.

You asked earlier for telephoto suggestions Albert.  Like others, I agree the 55-135 TL is the obvious easy choice.   I would be interested to see some examples of the Panasonic 70-200 F/4 if anyone has one and is using it with the CL.  I have a feeling that like the amazing 90-280 it's probably going to feel a little large.  

These two here are taken with the 180R 2.8 and the APO extender again.  Quite a few options if you want to look at adapted lenses, but it all adds weight.

The 90-280 IS a monster on the CL but it works extremely well.  A Tripod is almost essential.

2 hours ago, Petercoll said:

The Swan and wading bird just round off a cracking good photo. Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you it was a bit of luck as I didn't even notice the swan till I looked on the computer; I was focussed on not chopping off the top of the mast! The second shot I took a second or two later has the swan's posterior sticking up in the air as he looks for something to eat with his head under the water.

2 hours ago, vikasmg said:

But a fine picture 🙂

Thank you 🙌

10 hours ago, Dave in Wales said:

Dave, I'm impressed with the sharpness of these pictures. Could you tell me what lens you used, I can't quite make it out in the reflection in the bird's eye. :)

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, iShutterbug said:

Dave, I'm impressed with the sharpness of these pictures. Could you tell me what lens you used, I can't quite make it out in the reflection in the bird's eye. :)

Thank you. The lens is a TL 55-135mm at 135mm

Have you seen this...it's the same lens.

Edited by Dave in Wales

1 hour ago, Dave in Wales said:

Thank you. The lens is a TL 55-135mm at 135mm

Have you seen this...it's the same lens.

That's an amazingly sharp shot - must look at that topic thread more carefully!

Structures of green - CL and L Macro 60 mm - first two natural, third a processed on (life tree).