Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

7 hours ago, Dippy said:

The rape is already in flower. Taken today with a cool breeze to take the edge of the warming sun. 

3 shot panorama with the Voigtlander 50mm f1.2 at f11. The original is sharp all the way through and there's a lot of detail in the background trees. I'm really pleased with this lens though I bought it mainly for low light and night studies it does very well all round. 

Lovely.  Brings back happy memories from about the same time a couple of years ago, though in this one (picture taken by my wife) you can only see a bit of the colour in the background...

On 4/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, jaapv said:

Zambezi Sunset, 18-56

What a difference an interesting foreground can make to a landscape. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb wda:

Focal length and lens aperture?

The focal length was 56 mm, 1/200 sec at f/5,6 and 400 ISO. For macro I set the aperture between f/5.6 and f/4. At 56 mm you will have no choice anyway as the lens will automatically use f/5.6. By the way f/4 is recommended for 18 mm and f/5.6 for 56 mm, but of course can you choose f/6.4 or more when needed. 18 mm yields a factor of 1::2.5 and 56 mm 1:7. That makes the TL zoom quite flexible.

Edited by EUSe

3 minutes ago, EUSe said:

The focal length was 56 mm, 1/200 sec at f/5,6 and 400 ISO. For macro I set the aperture between f/5.6 and f/4. At 56 mm you will have no choice anyway as the lens will automatically use f/5.6

Thank you. Interesting. I usually need more depth of field  and stop down to f/8 to 11. 

vor 39 Minuten schrieb wda:

Thank you. Interesting. I usually need more depth of field  and stop down to f/8 to 11. 

The lens uses no less than f/5.6 at 56 mm I should say. It also depends on the subject background. Usually the flowers are moving in the wind so that a larger depth of field can be helpful to get everything in focus. I like the dreamy effect at f/5.6 or f/4.

Edited by EUSe

Still trawling through my Venice images.. hope I'm not getting boring.  

Scala Contini Del Bovolo, taken with LTM 15mm 4.5 Voigtlander on CL

The shot above is looking down Via Garibaldi in Castello towards the Lagoon as a cruise ship went by.  CL with M Sum 50mm.  As I look at it now I wish I'd moved slightly to the right and got down lower, would have improved the shot loads and the cruise ship would have looked as imposing as they actually do.

51 minutes ago, Boojay said:

Still trawling through my Venice images.. hope I'm not getting boring.  

Scala Contini Del Bovolo, taken with LTM 15mm 4.5 Voigtlander on CL

The shot above is looking down Via Garibaldi in Castello towards the Lagoon as a cruise ship went by.  CL with M Sum 50mm.  As I look at it now I wish I'd moved slightly to the right and got down lower, would have improved the shot loads and the cruise ship would have looked as imposing as they actually do.

Love Your photographs. Hate the ship.

20 hours ago, vikasmg said:

Lovely.  Brings back happy memories from about the same time a couple of years ago, though in this one (picture taken by my wife) you can only see a bit of the colour in the background...

Thank you. In your wife’s picture the yellow is a lovely complement for the more neutral tones of the walls and the pigeons. The rape seems early this year and the countryside is full of it right now.