Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

18 hours ago, Boojay said:

Had quite a bit of wet weather in Venice this time, and even the sirens and sight of Aqua Alta.  Sign of getting older I suppose but I looked out of my third floor window, the wind was howling and the rain coming in horizontally, pathways below flooded,  then I blamed the CL for not being weatherproof and climbed back into bed.  

It's not me - it definitely is leaning.

Just liked the look of this colourful canal intersection and the cute little girl with her black nose (face painting).

A b&w knd of day perhaps 😀

13 hours ago, Fran D said:

Still have the Q, but can't deny how much I love shooting with the CL. 

My story as well. And the appearance of the Q2 has actually helped me define my preference for the CL over the Q. I think the CL references a film aesthetic far better. Not as well as the M10, but certainly better than the Q or SL; and a lot better than the Q2. My dream lens on the CL is the M35 f/1.4 FLE; it does wonderful things on the camera.

19 hours ago, jaapv said:

18-56

Cross collection

Nice one!

Posted (edited)

A bit of the Niagara Falls. I'm sitting looking out of my hotel trying to colour match the green of the water to my screen (an uncalibrated Surface Pro, so just an intellectual exercise for the moment). It's also giving a severe test of the spray resistance of the CL. But hey, it's a Leica - you're supposed to use them anywhere. And it's still working.

CL + 18-56

Edited by LocalHero1953

The rape is already in flower. Taken today with a cool breeze to take the edge of the warming sun. 

3 shot panorama with the Voigtlander 50mm f1.2 at f11. The original is sharp all the way through and there's a lot of detail in the background trees. I'm really pleased with this lens though I bought it mainly for low light and night studies it does very well all round. 

A bud in spring - CL and L macro 60 mm. I like this lens very much, but for some of my purposes I would like more focal length than the 60 mm which are equal to 90 mm on the FF. For this purposes a lens with a focal length of 100 mm or better 150 - 180 mm would be preferable. But such does not look to be in the pipeline anywhere for the L system - at least not for the forseeable future.

Sigma have the 70mm macro in L-fitting, soon to be available in the UK

1 hour ago, HeinzX said:

A bud in spring - CL and L macro 60 mm. I like this lens very much, but for some of my purposes I would like more focal length than the 60 mm which are equal to 90 mm on the FF. For this purposes a lens with a focal length of 100 mm or better 150 - 180 mm would be preferable. But such does not look to be in the pipeline anywhere for the L system - at least not for the forseeable future.

A lovely photograph. 

My dream lens would be the R100 f/2.8 macro with the 1:1 elpro. 

17 minutes ago, EUSe said:

CL, 18-56 TL and Elpro 52.

Focal length and lens aperture?