Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Posted (edited)

Not sure how to post a video taken with a CL, so I'll post a link.
Sure you might not want to do a feature film with a CL, but while out walking with just the CL, it was just what I needed. One day, I'll sort out stabilisation and a mystical sound track. 

Hypnotic!

CL + 11-23

Edited by LocalHero1953

On 4/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, HeinzX said:

CL and high magnification rate - with Canon MP-E 65 adapted by EF adapter to M and TL adapter from M to TL. Magnificaton rate because of crop of the CL 1,5 : 1 and higher.

May I ask whether you used a tripod?

I used no tripod - but high ISOs between ISO 1600 and for one ISO 6400. Despite I used a lot of LED light, but these macros are very light consuming when aperture is small to achieve a resonable depth of field. In the post production I have applied DENOISE projects professional from Franzis. Alternative would have been a tripod and stacking. But I have tried it this time with the CL and not with the SL with which I would use my very stable but heavy tripod from  Berlebach with automatic  stacking system of Cognisys. This alternative brings excellent results, but it is much more uncomfortable.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:08 AM, bags27 said:

very nice capture! I'd be tempted to increase hue and saturation of red (especially) and yellow, but maybe you tried that and it looked too distracting.

thanks for the feedback, I’m afraid I didn’t tweak it much at all. I usually convert or shoot B&W and don’t really appreciate the nuances of post with color. I do like the feedback, thanks

Posted (edited)

Orchids, growing on the trunk of a mango tree outside our living room welcomed us back to Singapore.  The mango tree was not to be left out!

APO Macro Elmarit 60

Edited by vikasmg

Had quite a bit of wet weather in Venice this time, and even the sirens and sight of Aqua Alta.  Sign of getting older I suppose but I looked out of my third floor window, the wind was howling and the rain coming in horizontally, pathways below flooded,  then I blamed the CL for not being weatherproof and climbed back into bed.  

It's not me - it definitely is leaning.

Just liked the look of this colourful canal intersection and the cute little girl with her black nose (face painting).

Jane,  you did well despite the conditions. When caught like this,  I resort to Plan B when possible. Avoid grey skies. Head indoors and capture interiors and oddities. I realise that is no substitute for classic Venetian landscapes. 

47 minutes ago, Heath said:

Sunrise in Barcelona 😍

Leica CL - 18 TL - ISO 100 - Aperture 7.1 

Welcome to the forum... and congrats for immediately finding its best thread.

1 minute ago, Joachim_I said:

Welcome to the forum... and congrats for immediately finding its best thread.

Thanks Joachim!

I only purchased my CL four months ago (Dec 2018) after shooting a Q since it was first available. Still have the Q, but can't deny how much I love shooting with the CL. I purchased the street version (23mm) and then purchased a used 18-56 from the Miami Leica store.

Took a stroll through a local flea market in North Carolina for my first CL outing. Love how the CL performs.

Fran

23 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Grey day in the Catskills (Ashokan Reservoir)
CL + 18-56

But there's still a bit of colour around

Beautiful pictures.  The made me google the reservoir which I knew little about.  Interesting history from the very earlyn1900s.  Looks like a beautiful part of the country.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

Not sure how to post a video taken with a CL, so I'll post a link.
Sure you might not want to do a feature film with a CL, but while out walking with just the CL, it was just what I needed. One day, I'll sort out stabilisation and a mystical sound track. 

Hypnotic!

CL + 11-23

Interesting!  What are those mysterious shapes slithering don the rock?  Water under ice?

1 hour ago, vikasmg said:

Beautiful pictures.  The made me google the reservoir which I knew little about.  Interesting history from the very earlyn1900s.  Looks like a beautiful part of the country.

Yes, we enjoyed our couple of days here, with good hill walking. We intended to visit Woodstock, but were disappointed to learn that the Summer of Love actually happened elsewhere in the region, because Woodstock township got cold feet when they realised how many people were going to turn up - and turned them away!

36 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Yes, we enjoyed our couple of days here, with good hill walking. We intended to visit Woodstock, but were disappointed to learn that the Summer of Love actually happened elsewhere in the region, because Woodstock township got cold feet when they realised how many people were going to turn up - and turned them away!

That’s interesting to know.  So all the settings in the documentary movie were in fact not in Woodstock?!.

i love the pictures on your web site, by the way.  They look unforced, natural and yet attractive.  You make the difficult look easy.