Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

3 hours ago, wda said:

Retaining or reducing  noise is a personal preference. Your picture shows more noise than I would find acceptable. It has less to do with choice of lens; more the result of under-exposure and processing. Both are easily solvable. Falling snow generally has a random appearance,  often with streaks depending on shutter speed.

I’m sorry, to me this is a photograph that failed technically. Horrendous noise, no tonality , grey-in-grey, completely underexposed. Nice scene, though. A lens does not cause noise, BTW. 

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

I’m sorry, to me this is a photograph that failed technically. Horrendous noise, no tonality , grey-in-grey, completely underexposed. Nice scene, though. A lens does not cause noise, BTW. 

Pretty rude.

Not rude IMO - it is difficult to give negative feedback, and this is clear without being offensive. Anyone posting on social media must accept feedback, and it is unfair to specify only positive. I wish more people would post negative feedback on my images - I might become a better photographer.

I agree that there was nothing rude regarding jaapv's comments. He said he liked scene but technically it was lacking. Jaapv has done this to my postings and it made me go back and try different processing. He pointed out things I did not see when I posted. It can make on a better photographer.

Not trying to pick a fight, and it goes without saying feedback, both positive and negative, helps us improve. It’s just, most of us can see pretty clearly the differences between a ‘good’ and a ‘bad’ image. But I didn’t care much for his tone there.

Anyway, no offence intended. Let’s move on.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:29 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

Spent some time in the house at Kettle's Yard, with the CL+60mmTL, all at the macro end. The house is packed with the art collection of the former owner in their original places, and one can get up close to everything, with a camera. I admit I was asked (very politely) to back off a bit from the Lucie Rie bowl shown below, since I was within a couple of centimetres. But the steward then explained to me exactly why that bowl was placed where it was, between a cracked glass vase, a fossil and a Lowry painting - I suspect she was hoping to distract me.

Rather than overload this thread, I have put a number of other images here.

That’s a wonderful collection with the whole much greater than the sum of its parts. 

1 minute ago, Dippy said:

That’s a wonderful collection with the whole much greater than the sum of its parts. 

Thank you! 

There are quite a number of other reasonably good images, but the colour palette works well in this particular group.

1 minute ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Thank you! 

There are quite a number of other reasonably good images, but the colour palette works well in this particular group.

They certainly do! If they were mine there would be a gallery wall being prepared for them

On 2/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, Boojay said:

Walk in the woods CL + 90 M

Into the woods by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Beautiful.  And those pictures of the grandchildren as well!

52 minutes ago, MRTEE said:

The Old Bathing Station , Bexhill-on-Sea.  CL+ 23mm Cron. Snapseed. 

Like it very much. The clouds are great.....we have been without clouds. 

Acclaimed, derided, and memed actor Nicolas Cage has long been known for his eccentric behavior both in front of the camera and in the real world. It seems Cage plans to continue this legacy into death as well, thanks to the odd pyramid mausoleum he purchased in a famed New Orleans graveyard.The  local joke is that his career is already buried in this mausoleum. The spray painted white spots are a fix for the many lipstick kisses his pyramid receives. TL 35mm 1.4 on a Leica CL.