Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few days ago, this gentleman caught my attention in Miami Wynwood District. Not only he seemed to be very interested in the famous wall paintings, but,  he  also looked  to be a very seasoned street photographer, walking slowly, bending on his cane, and carefully choosing interesting people to shoot with his cellular phone. 

Here are two shots of a  street photographer taken by  another street photographer! 🤗

55-135

Edited by Louis

On 1/27/2019 at 6:12 AM, AZach said:

She loves the snow. CL, APO-Vario-Elmar-TL @135mm

Dogs are wonderful. Nice shot. My Newfie eats the new snow. 

On 1/26/2019 at 9:53 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

Many visitors to London will have taken their own version of this photo of the new roof at Kings Cross Station (it's mandatory for all photographers, along with the spiral staircase at the Tate Modern Art Gallery 😉). I have lots of shots of the scene taken on my way home after buying a new lens, most of which I have converted to mono. This is the latest, with the 11-23 zoom (not new - a couple of months old), at its widest end. Left in colour but processed a bit, as you might guess, to enhance the contrast and colour.

True - but not many will have managed as well as this. I have shot in here many times and the most exciting thing I did is a pano I did with the fisheye on my Olympus EM1.

I've done the spiral staircase at the Tate Modern too 😞 I do so hate being clichéd 😉

On 1/26/2019 at 3:34 PM, albert said:

Mountain Men

Father & Son

Talk about "the perfect moment"! Wow. A picture for a lifetime. Hold on to this photo and remember this moment when he's 16 and sneaks back into the house at 4:00 am.

Edited by bags27

Many Thanks Bags. When he is 16, Ill

ne 88, and might not hear the door shutting🤪

CL w 18mm TL pancake lens taking a photo of the TL2.

Photo of the 18mm TL pancake on the CL taken with the TL2.

(Hope that's not too confusing. :D )

What is the reason to buy a pancake when you own an 18-56?  I do enjoy your photograph. I’m just trying to split the nuances vs  the dollars. 

32 minutes ago, albert said:

What is the reason to buy a pancake when you own an 18-56?  I do enjoy your photograph. I’m just trying to split the nuances vs  the dollars. 

Albert:

Fair question . . . I've got the lens to purchase (with the option to return within a few days).  

The only real advantage to the 18mm pancake is its size.  It is so very compact and light. Very fast to focus and shoot. My initial impression is that the 18/56 is a sharper lens @18mm, but, again, the size is the only reason to own it.

Rob

(Last photo taken with the 18mm pancake on the SL)

Edited by ropo54

Thanks Ropo 54.  Good reason and many thanks for the answer. I wish That I could afford all lenses.