Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Louis said:

Ice cream for anyone?

CL + Nikkor 50 mm, f/1.4 AI

Nice one Louis, you have visited this young lady before, wondering if it's the ice-cream or the lovely (quite cheeky) smile?  Hope you contributed to the Tips pot, Happy Christmas

6 hours ago, Boojay said:

Nice one Louis, you have visited this young lady before, wondering if it's the ice-cream or the lovely (quite cheeky) smile?  Hope you contributed to the Tips pot, Happy Christmas

Jayne, thank you very much. This is the only shot I have of this young girl and I don't recall taking her picture before! :)

Happy Holidays, dear friend.

Louis

BTW, without a good tip, I couldn't have that smile! lol

Edited by Louis

20 hours ago, Boojay said:

And on a happier note - I would like to wish you all a Very Very Merry Christmas.  It is a true delight to be a member here, see all your wonderfully inspiring shots, read well mannered, well intentioned helpful comments, unlike other forums you may come across.   Not one but two cards for you to chose your favourite.  First one, because I have been helping out at my Daughter's shop and print room, hundreds of these been coming off the Heidelberg, this just shows the hot foil part left on the press after print.   The second, received from some friends who know my husband well, and know it's  where he see's us both in the not too distant future (in his dreams)!!! Have a good one people, very best wishes from Shropshire.

Jayne, godspeed to you on your scooters! (I just think that Louis may have photographed those 2 on their scooters before??? :D)

I will join in on your thoughts about this forum -  my favorite group, as well.  The quality of the photography by the many participants is just superb and inspirational. I have learned a great deal, have tried to emulate much of what I have seen, and thank everyone for their inspiration as well.

So holiday wishes to you, Jayne, to rest of our group, and to all good things in the coming year. 

Rob

Edited by ropo54

20 hours ago, Boojay said:

And on a happier note - I would like to wish you all a Very Very Merry Christmas.  It is a true delight to be a member here, see all your wonderfully inspiring shots, read well mannered, well intentioned helpful comments, unlike other forums you may come across.   Not one but two cards for you to chose your favourite.  First one, because I have been helping out at my Daughter's shop and print room, hundreds of these been coming off the Heidelberg, this just shows the hot foil part left on the press after print.   The second, received from some friends who know my husband well, and know it's  where he see's us both in the not too distant future (in his dreams)!!! Have a good one people, very best wishes from Shropshire.

Thank you for the cheer and the same to you!

Finally......after so many days of drab weather, the clouds opened up and the sun could shed some light on things.

I am still testing out the two M lenses on my new CL. And to be honest....I'm not convinced yet it was a good choice. The amount of CA I noticed on both lenses wide open in earlier pictures surprised me (to put it mildly). CA is something I have never noticed on my Q. I know...stopping down a bit eliminates the problem and its fairly easy to get rid of it in post, but still.....see here for Example

I have made a preset so the CA problem is virtual non existing after import, but I like to hear from other CL users if they experience CA when using M lenses wide open.

Thanks in advance for your opinions/experiences.

#01:CL with 35mm Summicron Asph.@ f5.6

Edited by MLochmansPhoto

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

I like it; but isn't it a tad oversharpened?

I guess I had my wrong glasses for PP! ;)

(BTW, if not careful, the back light often gives that impression. But I guess I was not very careful :) )

Happy Holidays and New Year.

Louis

Edited by Louis

18 hours ago, jaapv said:

Christmas Eve.. SX-M 24

I love this shot; my type of picture. I also very much like your color rendering. Any special filter or just removing colors?