Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

LOL!!!!  

Louis, you may be right!

If you're ever lucky enough to be in a myna's "audience" when one launches into a very demonstrative "soliloquy" (for lack of the proper ornithological term), you'd see an entire range of emotions from this adorable little critter.  His cousins, the Black-Collared Starlings, sometimes perform similarly in duets, which is extremely entertaining.

Then again, this critter may have just been p*ssed at the intrusiveness of the lens . . . 

As for "merci," I always thank any critter friends who sit for photos. I firmly believe that birds and dragonflies understand intent if not language, because so many of them consistently honor me with their trust. 

I don't know why it's only today that it occurred to me to click on the link to your web site.  Although you only have a small selection of photographs there, they are all beautiful!  Your pictures are one of the big reasons to keep coming back and looking here.

- Vikas

Jayne, I am sure you would have the same kind of attitude if you had someone with a big lens kept shooting you without merci!...

Haha - so true - he looks really grumpy about it, reminds me of my husband's face when I turn my camera his way lol!

It was a treat to see that Red-Wattled Lapwings have returned to forage near an area they deserted due to construction well over a year ago.  Even better is that the three I saw are all juveniles . . . 

CL with 180mm APO-Elmarit-R + APO-Extender-R 2X, cropped at about 50%.  Yeah, Leica's APS-C bauble has been shoehorned into serving as birding gear, and is performing magnificently!

I don't know why it's only today that it occurred to me to click on the link to your web site.  Although you only have a small selection of photographs there, they are all beautiful!  Your pictures are one of the big reasons to keep coming back and looking here.

- Vikas

agree completely

LOL!!!!  

Louis, you may be right!

If you're ever lucky enough to be in a myna's "audience" when one launches into a very demonstrative "soliloquy" (for lack of the proper ornithological term), you'd see an entire range of emotions from this adorable little critter.  His cousins, the Black-Collared Starlings, sometimes perform similarly in duets, which is extremely entertaining.

Then again, this critter may have just been p*ssed at the intrusiveness of the lens . . . 

As for "merci," I always thank any critter friends who sit for photos. I firmly believe that birds and dragonflies understand intent if not language, because so many of them consistently honor me with their trust. 

Rob, try to not harass them too much next time.

I am posting this shot just to demonstrate how you can make your "subjects" happy and get them smiling instead of making them feel crumpy , just by being nice to them and a few compliments!...  lol

I also had a big lens on my CL for this shot!...  Angenieux 35-70

Edited by Louis

Rob, just look at this smile.... It was easy to say some nice words before pushing the release! 

L1000066b.jpg

Great picture Louis. What lens did you take it with.

Great picture Louis. What lens did you take it with.

Hello Graham. Thanks a lot. It was shot with Nikkor 50 mm, f/1.4 that is my favorite lens on T and CL.

Buttercups - courtesy of my three year old Grandson - CL with Sum 35 1.4 (pre asph) and 75mm

Ben's Buttercups by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Buttercups for Nanny by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Standing guard at the museum:

C1050684 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr CL with 24 Elmarit-asph M

C1050661 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

scott

L1020035.jpegToday with the 35mm Summilux. 

Black and white conversion of this one posted earlier in the week. I think that I really like this much more.

Edited by Dippy

Rob, just look at this smile.... It was easy to say some nice words before pushing the release! 

L1000066b.jpg

Louis, your posts always make me smile and cheer up my day. This is the best!

CL + Vario Elmar-T, 18-56

Italian cuisine in Florida

German cuisine in Florida

I really like the B&W conversion in these. Are the OOC jpg or do you do them manually? I shoot with jpg off but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get the same 'look' in LR for B&W as I get from the jpg.

I really like the B&W conversion in these. Are the OOC jpg or do you do them manually? I shoot with jpg off but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get the same 'look' in LR for B&W as I get from the jpg.

Hello there; thanks for the kind words.

I always shoot raw/jpeg. I never use the jpeg file but like to have it in case. I believe the best result for B/W is to work the tonality in color first. Then, I convert to monochrom in Silver Efex that I have in my Photoshop. When converted, I make some more fixes .

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Louis