Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Old and pretty. 

CL + 18-56

To not  jam and clog the forum and make it disappear too fast, I always prefer to post  shots of the same set together in the same post! ;)

Edited by Louis

1 minute ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I hope this works at a reasonable resolution

https://adobe.ly/2SytKaH

What I was trying to say is a direct link as I did above with cars. I did not post the shots, but only posted the direct links that show directly the photos. 🤗 Together, they are well above what the site is allowing us if I was posted the shots in the same post. But the links bring the pictures as they are in  zenfolio, my storing site.

3 minutes ago, Louis said:

What I was trying to say is a direct link as I did above with cars. I did not post the shots, but only posted the direct links that show directly the photos. 🤗 Together, they are well above what the site is allowing us if I was posted the shots in the same post. But the links bring the pictures as they are in  zenfolio, my storing site.

Ah, I understand. I'll try that - too late tonight! 

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Are the panoramas with the CL done in camera?

Who was that question directed to? If it was me, then my shots are not panoramas!

Sunset at cliff's edge in Netanya IL:

C1120257 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

C1120244 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

C1120261 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

C1120254 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

All with CL 60@f/4 or so

Bright shiny things:

just outside our windowsill --

C1120217 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and at the seaside --

C1120227 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

The first shot is directly posted and the second shot, I posted the direct link. It was impossible to post both together directly since they are over what this site allows.

CL + 18-56

Edited by Louis

15 hours ago, Louis said:

There is no size limit for posting jpgs at flickr and the first 1000 photos there are free. Links instantly appear as photos here (many of my photos displayed in the Q thread here are such links). But I've never spent a lot of time comparing resolution. The problem of course is that if you take the photo down from flickr, it no longer appears here either. 

I see now that Scott is doing the same thing--I should have remembered, since I "follow" him on flickr.

Edited by bags27

44 minutes ago, bags27 said:

There is no size limit for posting jpgs at flickr and the first 1000 photos there are free. Links instantly appear as photos here (many of my photos displayed in the Q thread here are such links). But I've never spent a lot of time comparing resolution. The problem of course is that if you take the photo down from flickr, it no longer appears here either. 

I see now that Scott is doing the same thing--I should have remembered, since I "follow" him on flickr.

I just added another shot to my above post. The second shot is just the link. In the past, I have posted several shots in the same post many times. I believe it is a very positive way to have as many different shots as we can in a forum instead to letting die the forum too fast. Since my storing site, zenfolio, does not have a size limit I often post high resolution photos with direct link to LUF from there. Since they are posted here with direct link, I presume we see them here with their original resolution.

Edited by Louis

Jaapv will occasionally weigh in with a request to keep external downloads not too large so that downloading them will not hold up forum viewers with slow connections.  So I keep the images loaded into Flickr to 50% (3000x2000 pixels max) and download them here at "large (1600x1066)."  When I post stuff at GetDpi I use 2000x1333, because they are more tolerant.  I think Flickr (and other hosting sites) are simply more gentle with the images than the LUF software is.  Onscreen, images here come up at whatever size your browser window and screen permit, up to those maximum values.

It doesn't take any time at all to get to 1000 pictures hosted on Flickr.  After that it is $50/year for unlimited (so far) storage.

I don’t have much knowledge in regard to Internal, but I wonder if posting a link and not a shot would have much weight or slowing the download? I think Andreas, the site administrator, has the right answer.

Flickr may or may not keep copies of each image in the sizes that will be downloaded, but even if they don't generating the reduced image on the fly ought to be easy for them  LUF does whatever to they do to the images as they store them.  It probably involves reducing the "quality," which I have set at 100% when I produce the original and send it to Flickr.  But if LUF ships a "good enough" image from their stored copy and I ask Flicker to deliver a 100% image, Flickr's will have more bits in it and take longer to come up on the screen.

Another nice feature of using a host and downloading the ""BB-ready" link is that if someone wants to see the original they just click on the image a few times.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

28 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Trying a direct link to a high res image (half the original res).Seems to work.

C1020677 by Paul Ashley, on Flickr

I'd like to try this. Did you just copy and paste the URL? I wonder if I can do this with a Dropbox link?