Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

Posted (edited)

Wanted to pop by and wish you all a very happy healthy and prosperous 2019.  Couple from our evening spent with good friends and family.  CL did what it does best for me, that is, it was the camera I pulled out from the bottom of my bag - with 35mm T 1.4 lens, set to high iso, wide open, shooting in the dark without much thought and after midnight when I was worse for wear.  Have a great year everyone.

Edited by Boojay

20 hours ago, jaapv said:

That is a useful crop. The halos show that you have sharpened for print, not for screen. ;)

I did not notice the halo. I guess I am not technically adept enough at processing to crop and post. I rarely crop any shots, I usually crop in the camera. Will try again later today.🤓

7 hours ago, maron said:

North Sea I + II

CL + 18-56mm

Just beautiful!

4 minutes ago, PeterGA said:

Saw the same clouds above at ‘my sky’ maybe 2 hours ago Pete 😜 ... good shot

Posted (edited)

Nic  shot yourself - don't ya love the 90-280 on the CL? -:)

5 minutes ago, meerec said:

Saw the same clouds above at ‘my sky’ maybe 2 hours ago Pete 😜 ... good shot

As for clouds...very strange - never seen them like that before so I decided to 'click' -:) Did you end up picking up the grip?

Edited by PeterGA

25 minutes ago, PeterGA said:

As for clouds...very strange - never seen them like that before so I decided to 'click' -:) Did you end up picking up the grip?

@PeterGA very weird clouds, I thought for a moment how they could have formed like this. I didn’t click myself though.

Yes, got the handgrip for CL, together with the thumb support makes for a nice combo.  Not shot yet with this combo with 90-280 yet though. 90-280 is such a stellar lens, and CL a perfect 1.5x extender.

Posted (edited)
vor 50 Minuten schrieb PeterGA:

Meteorologists call them mammatus clouds: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammatus_cloud.

This is a very fine example for that genre.

Edited by WeiterWinkel

12 minutes ago, PeterGA said:

Thank you for the reference - I wouldn't have known where to begin to find out what this was...

Pete

I have only seen them once in The Netherlands, obviously with NO camera that time 😡

They seem really common in what's called the Tornado Alley . 

4 hours ago, MLochmansPhoto said:

I have only seen them once in The Netherlands, obviously with NO camera that time 😡

They seem really common in what's called the Tornado Alley . 

Living in somewhat the tornado alley, I always thought of them as bulging down like they were full of hail stones....!🌪️