Daedalus2000

Leica CL - the image thread

1 hour ago, Louis said:

Beautiful beast! No wonder why King Lear said " My Kingdom for a Ferrari!".

CL + 18-56

Not to be a pedant (I know: too late!), but it was actually Richard III who said "my kingdom for a Ferrari." I believe he shouted this while falling behind at Le Mans.

20 minutes ago, bags27 said:

Not to be a pedant (I know: too late!), but it was actually Richard III who said "my kingdom for a Ferrari." I believe he shouted this while falling behind at Le Mans.

You are absolutely right; my biiiig mistake!.... Believe it or not, I did study "Bill" in drama school; but it was looong time ago! :)

I will correct it right away! LOL

Edited by Louis

18 hours ago, ramarren said:

Can't find what used to be a CL macro thread on this new forum software, so...

While I was away on my trip, the two Leica ELPRO close-up lenses (VIIa + VIIb) I had ordered from folks on Ebay arrived. I had to source adapter rings to make 48mm to VII and 55mm to VII mounts for my R lenses. Everything finally arrived so I put them to the test copying a pair of Polaroid snaps I made on my bicycle ride in the fog this morning: 

both: 
MiNT Polaroid SLR670a + Polaroid Originals 600 B&W
scanned with Leica CL + Elmarit-R 28mm + ELPRO VII b

Nice clean rendering across the entire frame with very little if any rectilinear distortion. Pretty neat since the pair of ELPROs and the attachment rings, etc, altogether cost me something like $70, complete. 

Enjoy!

Admins: If you feel this post should be elsewhere, just let me know or move it. :D

I know where I’d put it. 99.9% of your posts are delightful. 

2 hours ago, WeiterWinkel said:

Just to inform you, the test-CL ist now mine 😀. Shot with the 18/2.8, f16

You jumped in! The water is nice, AYE?

1 hour ago, grahamhoey said:

Mayan Menorca. Leica’s 3D effect and colour rendition can’t be beaten. 

Sorry for the spelling. City is Mahon. 

21 hours ago, albert said:

I know where I’d put it. 99.9% of your posts are delightful. 

I take it that you are not a fan of Polaroid photographs. That wasn't the point. The point of showing it here here is how well the Elmarit-R 28 fitted with ELPRO VIIb, mounted on the CL, did with the copy capture. :)

Edited by ramarren

1 hour ago, ramarren said:

I take it that you are not a fan of Polaroid photographs. That wasn't the point. The point of showing it here here is how well the Elmarit-R 28 fitted with ELPRO VIIb, mounted on the CL, did with the copy capture. :)

I would have put it in the “other” section of the photo forum. I must admit to some teasing due to my own ignorance of what you were explaining. All in fun, thank you for educating me. 

On 10/21/2018 at 12:08 PM, bags27 said:

Actually he said “My Kingdom for a Porsche”. I shot Le Mans in 2014 with my

Leica C. A very underrated pocket camera. If I ever get back I’ll use my CL.

Cheers, Dan

On 10/21/2018 at 11:48 PM, albert said:

I’ve never looked back, just don’t eat as well. 

Only live once! I finally did it after all these years of DSLR's and heavy lenses. Simplicity has won 🙂

12 minutes ago, rpoppes said:

Only live once! I finally did it after all these years of DSLR's and heavy lenses. Simplicity has won 🙂

I was More impoverished than you. I have been a forum member for 15.5 years. Until three months ago I could only afford a multiple variety of Pan-Leicas. I feel like a millionaire!!