CL - The Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Retirement in the sun!

18-56

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Louis
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

This woman!

18-56

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, bags27 said:

That's a wonderful capture, and in the interests of constructive criticism and discussion, I'm wondering what you and other folks might think about two things:

1. You seem to have taken the shot with a wider-angle lens (equivalent of FF 35mm?). Both straight line references (the walls) to the far left and esp. the near right are slanted. It's certainly fine, but wondering whether you could either straighten them computationally or crop.

2. The blown highlights of the window (door?) shutter are either attractive or distracting--I think an argument can be made for either. The woman's face is so wonderfully lovely (and the dog's toy facing the other way is such a fantastically whimsical offset) that the window shutter actually is helpful in taking some focus away from her, giving it balance. OTOH, the light coming through is somewhat harsh. As I said, I could see either aesthetic as defensible, and maybe one approach would be to try to soften the harsh light just a tad and see what that looks like.

Thanks for a terrific photo! It certainly deserves to be featured in Favorite Images.

I liked the photo a lot.  I confess that I would have been tempted to straighten the the wall/door lines in Lightroom but in fact to me it looks fine as it is.  I also like the whiteness of the background.  Lovely picture, as you say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vikasmg said:

That's a wonderful capture, and in the interests of constructive criticism and discussion, I'm wondering what you and other folks might think about two things:

1. You seem to have taken the shot with a wider-angle lens (equivalent of FF 35mm?). Both straight line references (the walls) to the far left and esp. the near right are slanted. It's certainly fine, but wondering whether you could either straighten them computationally or crop.

2. The blown highlights of the window (door?) shutter are either attractive or distracting--I think an argument can be made for either. The woman's face is so wonderfully lovely (and the dog's toy facing the other way is such a fantastically whimsical offset) that the window shutter actually is helpful in taking some focus away from her, giving it balance. OTOH, the light coming through is somewhat harsh. As I said, I could see either aesthetic as defensible, and maybe one approach would be to try to soften the harsh light just a tad and see what that looks like.

Thanks for a terrific photo! It certainly deserves to be featured in Favorite Images.

Yes, I used the 23 Summicron. The lines do not really bother me, but I'm not into technical perfection, so others might be bothered of course. As for the highlights, I could get some details back in those, but I prefer to sacrifice a bit of detail for the benefit of the overall contrast. In general, for me with B&W I'm OK with blown out highlights more often than with colour. Thanks for your comment by the way! Much appreciated.

• Like 2

vor 9 Stunden schrieb vikasmg:

A nice set Andreas.

Thanks a lot Vikas. I will show some more of the best photos step by step.

In German forum there are some more pictures (also step by step), but unfortunately only in German language.

Its a pity that its not possible to post a thread simuntaneously in both parts of the LUF. Then the pictures could be explained in two languages with much less work.

Edited by AndreasB
  • Like 1

At Ngong Ping Buddha Center on Lantau - Hong Kong

Incense cone with 20cm diameter

CL + TL23

Edited by AndreasB
  • Like 6

Hong Kong - Easterly New Territories - Mac Lehose Trail -

Myself at Camping at Ham Tin Wan Beach

• Like 3

I wish I had bright blue skies and sparkling snow for my tree but sadly we have perpetual gloominess in our weather. With the Voigtlander 10mm f5.6

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Your tree photographs are very good. Our skies have been flat grey for weeks. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At the cafe this morning, these two young women, engaged in their conversation, seemed to draw inwards all of a sudden. This moment of uncomfortable silence filled a heartbeat and seemed to last an eternity.

Leica CL + Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Limited
ISO 1000 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60

The cessation of their motion caught my eye—I could not help but wonder what they'd just shared. And then the light striking them glowed beautifully ... I couldn't help myself from grabbing the camera and making a single shot. 

enjoy.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Dippy said:

I wish I had bright blue skies and sparkling snow for my tree but sadly we have perpetual gloominess in our weather. With the Voigtlander 10mm f5.6

Still, this is a very fine image.  Well seen.

. . . David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jicamas with Chile

CL/55-135

Best,

Guenter

• Like 6

Upright I said...

CL/55-135

Best,

Guenter

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ramarren said:

At the cafe this morning, these two young women, engaged in their conversation, seemed to draw inwards all of a sudden. This moment of uncomfortable silence filled a heartbeat and seemed to last an eternity.

Leica CL + Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Limited
ISO 1000 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60

The cessation of their motion caught my eye—I could not help but wonder what they'd just shared. And then the light striking them glowed beautifully ... I couldn't help myself from grabbing the camera and making a single shot. 

enjoy.

Great photo, but I enjoyed your narration equally so! Rob

• Like 2

So, now the snow has come to Fulda. Not so much, but we like ist.....

CL with TL 35/1,4

• Like 6

• jaapv changed the title to CL - The Image Thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic