CL reviews

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Perhaps I should consider giving up Leica as it is making products that 'normal' photographers like ...... I'm far more comfortable fighting a losing rearguard action against a tide of moans and groans from reviewers who never seem to get the point of Leica   :huh:

Up to you . . but I tell you, it's much easier writing 6000 words about something which doesn't need defending against a tide of moans and groans from reviewers who never seem to get the point of Leica!!

• Like 9

Nice write up in Wired - https://www.wired.com/review/review-leica-cl/ - the reviewer does bemoan the cost, but at least we're spared Kai's sneering about "the rich"

I did check stock market few minutes ago. I feel "rich". :D

(watched Kai's video. Hey, he does try to show some enthusiasm). 

Edited by jmahto

Interesting that Ingo Cordes used the CL for weddings.  

This might surprise one of our Leica Forum 'experts' ;)

dunk 

I'm using SLs for weddings but it was fun to add the CL (as I do with the Q). The CL doesn't attract attention to guests (and esp. priests) which makes it much easier to get candid shots. The image quality is equal to the SL for my style of reportage but without back button focus, IOS and a 2nd SD card slot the CL will remain an extension to the SL and will not replace it. 

Edited by Ingo
  • Like 9

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm using SLs for weddings but it was fun to add the CL (as I do with the Q). The CL doesn't attract attention to guests (and esp. priests) which makes it much easier to get candid shots. The image quality is equal to the SL for my style of reportage but without back button focus, IOS and a 2nd SD card slot the CL will remain an extension to the SL and will not replace it. 

Very nice photography sir .

• Like 1

Not exactly a review - it doesn't sound like he's had it in his hands. His last paragraph is worth further thought, though. To what extent is the simplicity of phones responsible for their growth in the photo market, rather than the complexity of most modern cameras responsible for driving people away. Think about the box Brownie or the vest pocket Kodak (or the first Leica). None of them involved complex decisions about setup, options to choose between or buttons marked with acronyms: it was a simple linear process to take a photograph.

• Like 3

No-one seems to have mentioned the availability of the horizontal line when focusing (which the Q has). I guess once more we have a new camera (ie in succession to the M10) without that facility.  :(

The CL has a spirit level and grid.