Banding- is this a camera problem?

Csacwp

No. (we're talking about the subtle horizontal (along the frame) ones visible in the sky?). My guess would be a development issue though. It's not a typical shutter or light leak issue. The easy way to test it on a flatbed is to rotate it 90 degrees and scan it again. If it's a scan issue then the lines would change orientation. 

under certain condition such problem may be caused by deffective curtains. Condition - short exposure only, 1/1000, seldom 1/500. I have seen it few times on LTMs however not yet on M.

there was discusssion https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/278446-misaligned-images-on-iid-negatives/page-3 about such defect, post 56 shows deffective curtain edge and post 65 its effect on the frame.

M cameras have metal edges, you will not see "hairs" as it is in screwmount, still it might be worth to check if metal edge is not damaged/bent, best with the finger.

But if the problem happens as well with longer exposure times (1/100, 1/200) I would exclude shutter. And I am convinced that you checked the negatives, they are not scratched.