Landing on grass

Pecole

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I remember having taken this picture at a grass field about 30 km South of Brussels, with my M4 and a 50mm Summicron lens. Other technical data : it is a four turboprops Breguet 941 freighter with outstanding landing and take-off capabilities.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Hello Pierre,

Nice photo.

That sort of looks like some version of a C-130 (The M4, 35mm Summicron & MR meter of its time.).

Do the 2 different airplanes have anythings in common?

Best Regards,

Michael

No, Michael, nothing in common, except they both have four engines. The Breguet is much smaller and has very special take-off and landing capabilities. It is also slower in cruising speed, and was only manufactured in very small number. Incidentally, I personally flew in both airplanes when active in my two passions : Aviation and Leica...long ago!

• Like 2

Hello Pierre,

What I remember of C-130's, as a passenger, is hard wooden seats, bumpy rides & the ability to take off & land on very short, what some people, not all, might call runways. Also, the ability to take off, land & fly without all of the engines.

I'm sure your airplane is pretty much the same. Except, I think, that in this instance, like Leicas: Smaller might make things even easier & better.

Best Regards,

Michael

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I remember having taken this picture at a grass field about 30 km South of Brussels, with my M4 and a 50mm Summicron lens. Other technical data : it is a four turboprops Breguet 941 freighter with outstanding landing and take-off capabilities.

attachicon.gifmaq712 copie réd..jpg

It's an STOL plane from my youth. The big mechanical problem of this plane, for safety, the four turbines were connected by a transmission shaft !!!! This has briefly shortened his career.

I remember a race of the 24h of Le Mans with the cars filmed from this plane.

Jacques

• Like 1

It's an STOL plane from my youth. The big mechanical problem of this plane, for safety, the four turbines were connected by a transmission shaft !!!! This has briefly shortened his career.

I remember a race of the 24h of Le Mans with the cars filmed from this plane.

Jacques

From my youth too, Jacques! (I am 83...). And I agree with you that the transmission shaft - a good idea in principle and an obligation for the Breguet to maintain continuous flow of air on the flaps when operating STOL in case of an engine failure - never met safety requirements.

• Like 1