Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dusk at Ca Vendramin, taken just before my Leica Akademie Italy Workshop in Comacchio last December with my Leica SL, Leica 24-90m Vario-Elmarit-SL and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

SL_02006.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Edited by Vieri
  • Like 12

Beautiful photograph Vieri.  Nice to see some man-made structures in your photography, albeit with a spectacular natural backdrop.

Thank you very much Mark, glad you enjoyed it! :) About man-made structures, I am not against them in principle, it depends on the landscapes I am working on; i.e. in Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Comacchio, etc there are man-made structures practically in every image... I love the graphic elements they add into a picture; it is true that they make for such a "evident" subject than, somehow, they "force" you to shoot them, but this is also a welcome challenge to try and shoot them with a fresh eye every time...

Smooth as cream.

Thank you very much! :)

I like it too Vieri.

Thank you very much David! :)

Beautiful.

Thank you Stuart, much appreciated! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

• Like 1

Great!, movie-like, don’t know the word in english, but in dutch we call it ‘filmish’ atmosphere and location

What is Ca Vendramin?

Thank you very much Otto, glad you enjoyed it! :) I am Italian, so I am not the best source for english words, but I think "cinematic" would probably be the word you are looking for. Ca Vendramin is the building you see in the photo, now a museum dedicated to the reclamation, the process of recovering land from the sea - all land in that area was swamps and sea land, reclaimed during the centuries through dams and canals (like in the Netherlands) and creating beautiful, haunting and melancholic landscapes in the process :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Thank you! My son is cinematographer and is looking for locations in Italy for his next movie and this might be a perfect place (although I’m convinced that every artist has his own quest and path)

Thank you! My son is cinematographer and is looking for locations in Italy for his next movie and this might be a perfect place (although I’m convinced that every artist has his own quest and path)

Well, you can still offer it to him as a suggestion... and see how he reacts! :) Glad you liked the place! Best regards,

Vieri