M2 winder jammed.

mikemgb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Taking a couple of photos with my M2 this evening the winder suddenly locked up, it simply will not move to wind the shutter or film.

A search of the interwebs suggests this may be the washers under the wind lever have shifted and jammed the mechanism. Repair could be as simple as removing the lever and repositioning the washers.

I am hoping this is the case as I intended to take the camera with me on holiday next week and I doubt DAG could get it back to me in that time!

Does anyone have any experience with this particular malfunction?

Maybe.

About 1 year ago I acquired a jammed M2.  sent it to Yousin Yee near Boston. He fixed the problem and got the camera back to me very quickly. Call him - he can tell you about getting it back to you in time. His work is excellent and reasonably priced. And he is nice to deal with.

• Like 3

Maybe.

About 1 year ago I acquired a jammed M2.  sent it to Yousin Yee near Boston. He fixed the problem and got the camera back to me very quickly. Call him - he can tell you about getting it back to you in time. His work is excellent and reasonably priced. And he is nice to deal with.

Unfortunately I would need the camera back to me on Wednesday, that is really pushing it!

Hello Mike,

Did you try separating the winder from the camera to see if the problem is in the winder or the body?

It might help to add a link to this question in both the Historica & film "M"sections.

Best Regards,

Michael

I haven't yet, the screw is very tight and I haven't been able to get it off so far, I obviously do not intend to damage it while removing it.

Unfortunately I would need the camera back to me on Wednesday, that is really pushing it!

I haven't yet, the screw is very tight and I haven't been able to get it off so far, I obviously do not intend to damage it while removing it.

Hello Mike,

Good idea.

Machines are like people: If you are forcing them you may well be doing the wrong thing.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Just heard from Youxin, the camera is fixed and CLAed. The shutter brake was worn allowing the curtains to overlap when they closed.

Fantastic service from him!

I'm just wondering does this guy fabricate replacement parts - it must be hard to find original serviceable parts for these old cameras.

Great result for you.

I'm just wondering does this guy fabricate replacement parts - it must be hard to find original serviceable parts for these old cameras.

Great result for you.

I doubt these parts are manufactured, the people that do these repairs probably have a pile of parts cameras to supply spares.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As an aside, I had no idea my viewfinder needed cleaning until I got the camera back, it is amazing!

• Like 1