The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

leica S 006

Leica S 006 using 120mm lens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rogerfcoyne

rogerfcoyne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:01

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Leica Brothers.

Using my Leica 120mm lens on my S 006 in conjunction with a Lee filter lens.

I see subjects that may benefit by using a filter. The Lee 72mm adaptor is fitted to the lens however to focus... the filter ring comes into contact with the forward moving centre focus element only by a couple of millimetres. This prevent correct focus.

Any one had this issue and how was it resolved...... 

Regards  Roger

#2 Echo63

Echo63

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationPerth
  • City / Ort:Perth, Australia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:37

I wonder if the lee filter adaptor has a longer thread than a normal filter, and protrudes into the lens barrel area a bit further and causes issues.

Do you have an accurate depth gauge or could you hold a filter up next to the lee adaptor to see ? (If I was still working at our local camera store I would take my digital callipers in and do some measuring next time you visited, unfortunately Im not there anymore) 

If the adapter has a longer thread than the filter, I would buy the cheapest filter i could find, then remove the glass (with a hammer if necessary) and then screw the adapter into the filter, and use the filter to stop the adapter from poking in too far.

• rogerfcoyne said thank you to this

#3 NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Sponsoring Member

• Premium Member
  • 8,538 posts
  • City / Ort:Malaysia (ex Scotland)

Posted 15 November 2017 - 17:20

Roger I gave up on using Lee GND filters and instead blend two or 3 images in PS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • rosuna and rogerfcoyne said thank you to this

Neil

Neil's Photography is now live at Neil's Photography Fine Art Prints
Also check out Neil's Photography Noctilux FaceBook Group

New.....Leica Magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic