Has anyone ever tried one of these puppies

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anybody here can explain me why someone owning  Leica  lenses would think adapt them on a body which has plenty of proper good quality lenses to fit on, vasting time, money, energy instead of using and abusing the fabulous couple made by a Leica lens on a Leica body?

That's not a judgement, only a question. 

Because some other bodies offer qualities that Leica doesn't? Or the similar qualities at a lower price? And is not inclined to compromise on lens quality. After all, it is the lens that determines most of the outcome and not the camera body.

As it has always been, with the exception of the higher adaptablity of cameras nowadays.

Anybody here can explain me why someone owning  Leica  lenses would think adapt them on a body which has plenty of proper good quality lenses to fit on, vasting time, money, energy instead of using and abusing the fabulous couple made by a Leica lens on a Leica body?

I use my Leica R lenses on my Canon digital SLR's. Why wouldn't I want to do that?

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Anybody here can explain me why someone owning Leica lenses would think adapt them on a body which has plenty of proper good quality lenses to fit on, vasting time, money, energy instead of using and abusing the fabulous couple made by a Leica lens on a Leica body?

because there’s crazy people on here like me that like to try stuff and have a lot of fun trying,.,,,,,

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think for the trivial reason that if you have a certain good/interesting lens and a certain camera, is natural that one whishes to try them together, provided of course that it is possible and doesn't cost too much...  On the opposite side you quote, for example it happens that the only SLR lenses that I have is a group of Zeiss Contarex glasses... when I discovered that for 100 Euros around I could mount them on my  M 240, I instantly decided that was worth a try...