SL Update.

mr_aznar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

John Kreidler (Manager of Professional Imaging at Leica-and teaches to use Leica SL) suggested the following settings:

Focus Mode: Manual

AE/AF Lock Button:  Here, under Manual Mode: set it to AFc + AE L

AF Mode: Dynamic Tracking

Drive Mode: Continous low or medium speed.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks for this little nugget. It never occurred to me that I could set up my focus in manual and have instant access to AF when I wanted it by reprogramming the AE/AF button. I've almost always approached my focus setup to being either fully manual or fully AF -- mostly the former. I really appreciate how I get a wake-up call on camera technique just be reading what others come up with. Truly a helpful forum. 

Tom

• Like 1

I haven't had any real desire for an updated SL body because the SL is so good and so complete just as it is. I'm sure an SL2 will happen at some point, but unlike with other brands where I was desperate for them to announce an update and fix some terrible flaw or irritating anomaly, there just isn't anything on the SL that is bugging me at all. 

John Kreidler's setup for quick AF operation has been one of my two user configs for use with native lenses since November of 2015. I'm glad to see what I figured out then is actually confirmed by Leica's training expert as an excellent setup for quick performance! Only difference is that I only rarely use a continuous drive mode, personally; I just have very little need for it. 

fun fun fun!

• Like 3