Hektor 50mm Supplemental close focus lenses

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With the availability of the new Hektor in 1930, Leitz quickly followed with screw-in close up supplementary lenses.  Well know as Hepro, Hepik and Hepet.  They were of larger diameter that the earlier similar lenses for the Elmar. The photo below is to show my accumulation and the historical changes in the packaging.  First with the "crocodile " skin box ( which I think is suprising to still be in use in 1930), the dark red box with white paper lable, the nearly brown with white lettering and lastly the beautiful bright red with gold lettering.  On the right are the VORGI adapters for using these lenses on the 50 Summar.  There is some variation in the engraving, and a single chrome one marked E. Leitz New York.  I have not seen many of this chrome one. Lager does show one.  All are still listed in the 1939 catalog.

N.B.  A 2011 forum post (Percole, JCB and others) also has photos of these supplementary lenses.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Nice items... and I'm always amused by how Leitz, in the first years of Leica, did try to give a "significance" to their famous 5 letter codes... clearly ELPRO stood for ELmar and PROximity (short distances).. and HEPRO the same... and all the first filters were FIXXX trying to "concentrate" the colors in 3 letters... but the Leica system was so succesful that the proliferation of accessories/components made this effort vanishing... B)

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

My modest contribution

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1