Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently bought a used "mint" Summilux 35 ASPH FLE and upon receiving it I discovered the inside of the lens to be extremely dusty. Needless to say, I returned it immediately. I do wonder how this could be possible though - the lens was sold to the previous owner in 2016/10 so it's been used for about a year. I just can't believe a one-year-old lens can have this much dust in it. Is there some type of design flaw with the FLE version that makes it prone to dust? I'm thinking about getting a new one so I don't want the lens to be like this after a year...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 84bravo
      I have the 12586 lens hood for the 50mm f1.4 pre-asph lens. The unit unscrews to accept filters (I assume). What series size filters do I need and how are they held in place? I understand that I need to use a special slim 43mm filter if I want to hood to fit, but I'd rather just use drop in filters if that is possible. Why else would the hood unscrew into two parts otherwise?
      Thanks
      LarryK
    • By Blake k
      Curious as to if this is lens haze or not . Have not noticed anything in the photographs . Thanks

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By ashley12234
      Hey everyone, 
      I just got my m2 off ebay and had a look through the viewfinder only to see 2 main very noticeable spots. I attached a picture and the one on the lower left looks much dimmer and looks like a dot and a hair almost? It's kind of light greyish and I think it's a particle or dust but I'm not quite sure. However, in the middle the speck seems much darker (basically black) and more prominent. Could this be separation or is it another speckle of dust (imo it doesn't seem like one). If this has happened to you or you know what it is, any input on how to fix or your thoughts would would be greatly appreciated! 
      Also the shutter curtain on the front seems a little pushed forward and I can see the whole seam on it, is that normal? The curtain works 100% fine but I'm not sure if Im supposed to see the whole seam and overlap of the two curtains. On the back it stays slightly open by 1mm or so (didn't include a pic sorry)... should it cause a light leak? The camera was also recently CLA'd.
      Lastly, the viewfinder has some "gold specks" which I think is separation, but I hope i'm wrong.  
      Please help if you can clarify, recommend a fix, or give any thoughts on ^^. Overall the camera seems amazing and none of the things I mentioned has really bothered me, but if I can learn more about them then it would be great.
      Thanks in advance, 
      Ashley

• By Julius Yls
      Apologize to post this late, I was member since 2012 and till recently found my password and login 😅
      I wanted to share one of my photograph that won 2nd place the National geographic Travel of he Year 2017 in people category. I shot using Leica ME with 50mm Lux, at Rijks Museum in Amsterdam way back in 2015. I shot twice and the first one obviousely out of focus due to the manual setting, etc.. but the second shot was perfect.
      I love the visitors expression and lighting that really help this image stand out. I named this shot "Interesting Moment" 😃
      Love my ME and the 50mm Lux combination, I never change lens since.

• By Al Brown
      Please share your opinion - if you have used or owned both lenses or any opinion on the topic. Mostly interested in comparison of render, sharpness, bokeh, pop etc. according to you - digital sensor or film.

Early reports indicated the Hexanons were inferior. According to LHSA "some Hexanon early samples were reported to have focusing discrepancies, long since resolved, and that adversely affected initial sales. The current consensus: Konica KM and Leica M lenses, even those with longer focal lengths and wider apertures, can be used interchangeably on both cameras without problems." Lots of posts ot the tiny flange difference between the cameras, but here we discuss the lens.

Mr. Rockwell even went as far as comparing the build of Summicron 50 (V) to the Hexanon-M 50 side by side and they indeed look almost identical. Check the pic on his webpage under the Hexanon topic.
      I have recently acquired a Hexanon-M 50/2 (photographed below on my M) and it is a stellar performer, slightly better wide open (especially corners) compared to Summicron M 50/2 (IV) in all the tests I did.
      YMMV.