HOW MUCH FOR M9 SENSOR JOB TODAY ?

sixteen pads

Hello Team, 

How much does one need to pay today to have their corroded M9 sensor replaced ?

More less. 

Considering that their service free program has ended. 

Would appreciate some input. 

thanks. 

I remember hearing it would cost around £1000+ I guess you must factor in that the camera will be serviced with rangefinder adjusted, cleaned, lubricated and new leather fitted. You also get a years warranty on the work, your camera will be as good as new when it comes back. 

Not sure if they are doing a "paid" replacement though, I'd be interested to know. I couldn't go without my M9 so chose not to send it in - I couldn't see any sign of corrosion anyway. I guess if your sensor looks clean and you're not planning on selling then probably no need to rush, waiting times are way too long due to sensor availability anyway.

I remember hearing it would cost around £1000+ I guess you must factor in that the camera will be serviced with rangefinder adjusted, cleaned, lubricated and new leather fitted. You also get a years warranty on the work, your camera will be as good as new when it comes back. 

Not sure if they are doing a "paid" replacement though, I'd be interested to know. I couldn't go without my M9 so chose not to send it in - I couldn't see any sign of corrosion anyway. I guess if your sensor looks clean and you're not planning on selling then probably no need to rush, waiting times are way too long due to sensor availability anyway.

Hey Chris, 

Thanks for your input. 

I am not sure I understand fully however. So neither option would be available now ? Paid nor free ?

That would be horrible. 

I am not seeing any corrosion on my M9, but just noticed corrosion spots on friend's Monochrom. 

So sadly I am thinking it is only a matter of time. 

Edited by sixteen pads

• 2 weeks later...

My M9 went in to Germany for an unrelated problem after the cut-off date for the sensors. They have fixed the problem, are replacing the sensor free of charge (despite the date) and are doing a CLA. Total charge including taxes and secure shipping from UK is 175.50€ (264.20 CA$) which is so amazing I rang up to ask if they had made a mistake. They assured me it was correct, BUT the downside is they will probably take about 15 weeks or so to do it because of the backlog and lack of sensors.

Gerry

My M9 went in to Germany for an unrelated problem after the cut-off date for the sensors. They have fixed the problem, are replacing the sensor free of charge (despite the date) and are doing a CLA. Total charge including taxes and secure shipping from UK is 175.50€ (264.20 CA$) which is so amazing I rang up to ask if they had made a mistake. They assured me it was correct, BUT the downside is they will probably take about 15 weeks or so to do it because of the backlog and lack of sensors.

Gerry

It may be that your M9 is less than five years old - sensor replacement is still free if this is the case. It may also be goodwill because of the other problem you have experienced.

• 2 weeks later...