Current Sensor Replacement Times

Deliberate1

Raid--

Did they offer you the use of their M240 or did you have to request a loaner? Did they provide a backup (that is a second) battery? With both my digital M mount bodies out of service, I'm weighing my options.

--JSU

It was a "special favor" to me, JSU. I asked someone from Germany. I have a feeling that not many customers were offered a loaner camera. I have heard that known professionals who use Leica cameras are more likely to get loaners.It came with battery in the camera and a charger. No second battery. 

Edited by Raid Amin
  • Like 2

It was a "special favor" to me, JSU. I asked someone from Germany. I have a feeling that not many customers were offered a loaner camera. I have heard that known professionals who use Leica cameras are more likely to get loaners.It came with battery in the camera and a charger. No second battery.

I live close enough to the NJ location so I dropped off my Monochrom personally and passingly asked if they had one to loan. They asked no questions and were kind enough to lend it to me for the duration. My several experiences with NJ have been nothing but exemplary.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sent my nearly brand new (less than 100 actuations) Leica M-E to the NJ location in December 2017 after having Leica Germany confirm the sensor showed corrosion. It arrived at Leica N.J. on Dec. 20, 2017 based on an e-mail confirmation from Leica. I contacted Leica NJ this afternoon. It appears they are still working on the backlog of bodies that arrived prior to my camera. It looks like several more weeks before I can expect my M-E to enter the “repair” group. Patience is a virtue.

I need to either figure out any changes in my M9 after the firmware change, or read up on such issues online as users of M9 cameras got new sensors installed. I think, someone said that DNG+JPG option is gone now. I can see DNG alone. Am I right here?

Today I got my M-9 back. There were no charges, new leather applied, etc, etc. Possibly the RF is a little more spot on but time will clarify that. Mine was sent in one day before the D/L - after sitting in NJ waiting for the hardware from Germany, it was forwarded  to Germany. I received several erroneous emails about it in the last few weeks; they seemed to originate in Germany. In any event, it seems to be working well, some screens (e.g., ISO) are different and there are a number of previously unlisted lenses to choose from in "manual" position. Hopefully, no more heartache unless it is self-inflicted. Hallelujah,  Regards, Ron

PS. The DNG/JPG option is intact.

Edited by Ronazle

NJ called me and told me when they sent it. That was sometime around Christmas or, at the latest, the 10th of January. It sounded like they were "ordered" to do so; I could be wrong on that. BTW, I too had a M240 loaner which I returned last week. Loaner or not, I'm pleased to have my M9 back.  Regards, Ron

Got the estimates via email for replacing the sensors in both my M9-P bodies. Sent the checks in today's mail. Now the serious waiting begins. Any thoughts on whether or not they'll be returned before the USA's Thanksgiving (in November)?

Cash is king! You’ll certainly be placed in que before remaining bodies still in line for sensor replacement that were still under warranty by Leica. I believe the average wait time is somewhere around 28 weeks for those bodies that were under the warranty period and much less for repairs that are paid for by individuals. Fom earlier posts, paying customers receive some accelerated priority in service.

• Like 1

Cash is king! You’ll certainly be placed in que before remaining bodies still in line for sensor replacement that were still under warranty by Leica. I believe the average wait time is somewhere around 28 weeks for those bodies that were under the warranty period and much less for repairs that are paid for by individuals. Fom earlier posts, paying customers receive some accelerated priority in service.

That was not an insignificant consideration as I wrote checks for both bodies. That is, how long will they hold my cash before performing the prepaid service?

We'll see.

I called Leica yesterday to get an update on the status of my camera. I received confirmation today that it’s been repaired via an e-mail with the invoice followed by a shipping confirmation via UPS. It’s expected to arrive tomorrow! I’m looking forward to seeing my UPS driver pulling into my driveway! The Leica team in NJ are first class professionals all the way!

I called Leica yesterday to get an update on the status of my camera. I received confirmation today that it’s been repaired via an e-mail with the invoice followed by a shipping confirmation via UPS. It’s expected to arrive tomorrow! I’m looking forward to seeing my UPS driver pulling into my driveway! The Leica team in NJ are first class professionals all the way!

Hi

Can I ask when you sent your camera in ? Thanks for any help.. mine was sent 3 weeks before the deadline